Diff between 622 and 942 on pressing the record button on remote

Need

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
I traded in a 942 for the 622. I remember before with the 942, if I press the "Record" button on the remote while watching a program, I get the default option to record the remaining of the event. Now when I press the "Record" button on the 622 remote, the default is to manual stop. Going into the Option menu offers no choice of recording the remaining of the event. I did find a way around it. I have to first press the Guide button which highlight the event in guide, and then press the Record button, and then change default to record remaining of the event.

It happened a few times already that we came home at the end of the day and found that the half hour left of the program we tried to record was still recording. It is especially bad when the program is on a HD channel. Now we have to watch that program really quick and delete it so it won't take up half the 1/4 of the hard disk space!

Hmmm, this is very strange then. I was watching the program on the current tuner (could be TV1 or TV2). It doesn't matter which one, if I press the red record button and confirm, it would be on Manual Stop. There is nothing recording on the other tuner.

Maybe there is a setting in Preference or something? I will double check tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)