Difference between Satwork 3688 & 3618

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Besides the motor function, what is the difference between these two?

I know some have flashed a 3618 with 3688 software. I have a 3688 that I might flash to 3618 if its more stable

soooooooooo

whats the difference other than the motor?

I would keep it as the 3688 for now, sorry to see they no longer sell these!

Other than being able to motor a dish the only other difference would be in the games and menu : )

Pretty sure you will enjoy the 3688! Its a keeper!

If you want to swap it with a 3618 let me know :)

PSB said:
I would keep it as the 3688 for now, sorry to see they no longer sell these!

Other than being able to motor a dish the only other difference would be in the games and menu : )

Pretty sure you will enjoy the 3688! Its a keeper!

If you want to swap it with a 3618 let me know :)
same here, ill be glad to trade ya :-D

timmy1376 said:
If you flash a 3618 to a 3688, does than let you motor?

you need the remote for it, but I think you can
The 3688 remote has extra buttons

I changed my 3618 to a 3688, wish I hadn't. The 3618 is easier to use. To me the 3688 is not very user friendly. My main complaint is the edit function, on the 3618 all of the information comes up on one screen. If a channel changes frequencies all you have to do is pull up the edit screen put the new freq in and that's it, none of this deleting a freq and then rescanning. I also don't like the pre programed frequencies because when you scan a satellite that is pre programed with 25 FRs and the scan finds 5 more FRs then it has to check 30 FRs. I have done a blind scan and found a few FRs but have had to wait while it scanned as many as 65 FRs, this takes a lot of time. The positive thing about the 3688 is that the remote from the 922 doesn't interfere with it. My neighbor set up the change for me and it took us a few times to figure it out. Cost me a case of beer, that's why I don't change it back. Maybe I'm a little harsh, but I am learning to operate the 3688 by trial and error, no manual. I have read where a lot of people love the 3688, I wish they would contact me and let me know what they are doing that I am missing. Maybe if I could learn more about I would change my tune. I am an opened minded person and have no problem with somebody telling me that I am wrong, so feel free to tell me what I am doing wrong that makes me hate the 3688 so much. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Ice, there is a thread on the forum somewhere that tells you where to get a 3688 remote, $27 and some change including P & H. I can't remember who posted it. There are 4 extra colored buttons on the 3688 remote that are vital to it's operation, but there are two buttons with up and down arrows right above the colored ones and I have no idea what they are for. If you try to run the 3688 with a 3618 remote, all you will be able to do is turn it off and on.

Diamond Jim said:
I changed my 3618 to a 3688, wish I hadn't. The 3618 is easier to use. To me the 3688 is not very user friendly. My main complaint is the edit function, on the 3618 all of the information comes up on one screen. If a channel changes frequencies all you have to do is pull up the edit screen put the new freq in and that's it, none of this deleting a freq and then rescanning. I also don't like the pre programed frequencies because when you scan a satellite that is pre programed with 25 FRs and the scan finds 5 more FRs then it has to check 30 FRs. I have done a blind scan and found a few FRs but have had to wait while it scanned as many as 65 FRs, this takes a lot of time. The positive thing about the 3688 is that the remote from the 922 doesn't interfere with it. My neighbor set up the change for me and it took us a few times to figure it out. Cost me a case of beer, that's why I don't change it back. Maybe I'm a little harsh, but I am learning to operate the 3688 by trial and error, no manual. I have read where a lot of people love the 3688, I wish they would contact me and let me know what they are doing that I am missing. Maybe if I could learn more about I would change my tune. I am an opened minded person and have no problem with somebody telling me that I am wrong, so feel free to tell me what I am doing wrong that makes me hate the 3688 so much. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.
thanks for the info Jim!
Ice, there is a thread on the forum somewhere that tells you where to get a 3688 remote, $27 and some change including P & H. I can't remember who posted it. There are 4 extra colored buttons on the 3688 remote that are vital to it's operation, but there are two buttons with up and down arrows right above the colored ones and I have no idea what they are for. If you try to run the 3688 with a 3618 remote, all you will be able to do is turn it off and on.
I got both...it is a 3688 with a 3688 remote and a 3618 remote also...so I can run it as either :)

Iceberg said:
so I can run it as either :)

You are a computer man, set it up both ways and see which way you like it the most and go with that. I am no good with computers and I don't want to bother my neighbor. That is the reason I don't change it back, that and the fact I spent $27 for the remote, $14 for a case of beer and I don't want to take the time to re enter all of the channels. If you find out what those up and down buttons do, let me know.

Also I need to clarify that on the 3618 if a blind scan finds 5 FRs, 5 is all it scans. As I said the 3688 scans the pre programed plus the ones it finds. Very time consuming.

I did flash it with both last night...will see what works better for me. The 3618 is a simpler software than the 3688

I was able to get it to work with the 3618 remote....the colored buttons work like the menu. I'll do a pro/con of each software. But I was able to manuever the 3688 with the 3618 remote (and vise versa)

Iceberg said:
I did flash it with both last night...will see what works better for me. The 3618 is a simpler software than the 3688

I was able to get it to work with the 3618 remote....the colored buttons work like the menu. I'll do a pro/con of each software. But I was able to manuever the 3688 with the 3618 remote (and vise versa)

Yes the same remote, only other color and the 3618 remote have 3 buttons less, you can bore thre holes and put the thre buttons.
For me the best Blind Search, for FeedHunter the 3618 with the second software the best, it's very fast, but not scan lower then SR 3600+-
And the best picture.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts