Difficultly in adding wiring for a 211?

oswald

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
Hi folks,

I am scheduled to have a Dish installer out to my new home this week. I have a new 622 to be installed on the first floor and an existing 625 to be wired on the second floor. Here is my question: I am considering purchasing a 211 for a different room on the first floor (than the 622). How difficult would it be to wire for three receivers instead of two? Would a seperate cable be run from the dish to the other room, or would the installer split it inside the house (or right outside of the two rooms that are next to each other)? Also, I will not have the 211 by the time the installer comes, will I be able to get him to set up the wiring/cable for the 3rd receiver (211)? I would appreciate any helpful responses.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. The thread should read difficulty, not difficultly!

it depends on what dish, switch combination you need in your area... if the installer just plans on installing a Dpp Twin, then adding the third receiver is going to require an additional switch. The Dpp lnb will only support the 2 dual tuner receivers.
It all depends on what the installer is able/ willing to do for you. I have an installer that worked for me that would not do anything extra for free, ever... then again, i have some others that will do whatever as long as its not too much extra work.

birddoggy said:
it depends on what dish, switch combination you need in your area... if the installer just plans on installing a Dpp Twin, then adding the third receiver is going to require an additional switch. The Dpp lnb will only support the 2 dual tuner receivers.
It all depends on what the installer is able/ willing to do for you. I have an installer that worked for me that would not do anything extra for free, ever... then again, i have some others that will do whatever as long as its not too much extra work.
No extras from this tech....I have had my kindness taken advantage of too many times....I now am strcitly business..If it is outside the scope of the w/o customer pays up or it doesn't get done..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)