Digital Audio Cable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

n5tc

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
I am trying to plug a digital audio cable into my H21 and can't seem to make it go in securely. The plug in the H21 has a plastic cover over it that folds upward when the cable end is inserted. Should this plastic tab be removed before inserting the cable? I am sure that I have it oriented right. Anyone experience with this puppy, or should I give up and use the RCA jack with a coax cable?

n5tc

Don't try to remove the "door" over the optical connection, you will damage the receiver. Optical cables can be a PIA to insert, just be sure have it lined up correctly before you insert it. On the cable itself, there may be "cap" that protects the tip, that cap can be safely removed. But as you said, if you have coax connection available on your receiver you can use that instead. Sound quality should be equivalent. I also assume you don’t have an HDMI equipped A/V receiver, which simplifies connections considerably and you wouldn’t have to worry about an optical or coax connection for sound.

Many devices have a small plastic tab inserted in the optical input, but if you can see the 'door' in the input then that is probably removed (or wasn't there in the first place). As already mentioned, many times optical cables come with a small rubber tip on them which needs to be removed. It simply slides right off.

If neither of those apply, then make sure the cable head is aligned correctly and give it a firm push until it clicks in place. The head will need to be turned a specific way to fit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts