Digital Audio Output active with SD Signal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ejfiii

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 5, 2004
Alexandria, VA
The title says it all. Should be a simple issue. Does the receiver pass analog audio for the SD and non digital audio HD channels out the digital connections, or do I need to use some analog L&R cables too?

Thanks much, install on Saturday, getting ready.

E. J.

All channels on Voom use Dolby digital audio as Voom uses digicipher technology which only supports this audio codec. DD is also superior quality wise to Mpeg audio used by D* and E* on their SD channels.

CKNA said:
All channels on Voom use Dolby digital audio as Voom uses digicipher technology which only supports this audio codec. DD is also superior quality wise to Mpeg audio used by D* and E* on their SD channels.

Even if that were true, it doesn't mean the programs are AC3 from source. Most will be analog.

Regarding the HT: Very nice work! I'm surprised that the wall had sheetrock, rather than plaster since it was built in the 30's. I suppose you did a comprehensive remodeling?

Thanks Cameron. I am sure it originally had a plaster wall there, but the previous owners had made lots of changes, including a few additions. So I am sure the plaster walls were taken down at some point and sheetrock was put up in its place. Too bad they also didn't re-do the framing on that wall.

E. J.

cameron119 said:
Even if that were true, it doesn't mean the programs are AC3 from source. Most will be analog.

The question was about audio on Voom SD channels. They are all AC3. How they get there is another story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)