Digital Cable Question...

greyuser

Original poster
Mar 18, 2008
I'm not really technologically savvy, so I'm hoping someone can bear with me and help me out.

I have standard cable with Time Warner without any sort of cable box as well as cable internet. We have about 5 rooms and watch televisions in all of them. For standard cable & internet it runs us approximately $100/month.

Now from what I understand, with the force to Digital, because I subscribe to standard cable through Time Warner, I don't need to do anything (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

I called to speak to someone today regarding our account and they said that I could save money by subscribing to their digital cable pack with internet which would run about $80/month. I would of course need to get a digital box.

My question is whether or not I would need additional boxes in the other rooms just to receive standard cable channels?

If I can get this package for $80 and have the digital expanded channels in one bedroom and not have to get a box or pay extra for the other rooms to have their normal tv access, that would be great. But I'm not sure if this can be done?

If anyone has any information they could share, that would be really appreciated, thanks.

You will be able to receive the standard non-digital channels just as before. But the digitals only with the box.

Thanks for the information. I just spoke with someone at Timewarner and they're telling me though that after 2/2009, if you have a digital box in one room and not in the others, you will HAVE to get digital boxes in the rest of the rooms. Does that sound correct?

no thats not true, only people who get "over the air" signals will be affected your standard cable will work after 2009 just fine

Up to a certain point. Most cable companies will begin reclaiming alot of that analog channel space, thus decreasing the channels on "standard/basic" Some have already started. But I beleive they will be offering cheap setups BHN has them for as little as 1$ a month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts