Digital Channel Trouble

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scnrfrq

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2007
For the past week, my digital channels have been getting worse. They are now unwatchable because of freezing and breaking up. TW won't come out for another week. Anything I can check to get this working? I'm using a SA Explorer 3100 box. I've tried turning it off to reset it but it didn't help.

try unplugging the box from the power source for about a minute and plug it back in. It will reboot and take about 3 to 5 minutes before the time comes back up. then turn it on -- your TV should work then. If you still have the same problems then you do need a TW tech person -- good luck!

A WEEK? what the heck is the problem, Ive never heard of a wait time (least in orlando) of more then 2-3 days even during peak storm season (except during the hurricanes a few years back) Is it becauase its the only day your availible? or was that the earliest appointment?

I have rebooted both my digital boxes - the problem remains. And yes, a week is their earliest appt., and the best window they can give me on that day is anytime from 8AM to 8PM! Makes me wish Adelphia was back!

I have rebooted both my digital boxes - the problem remains. And yes, a week is their earliest appt., and the best window they can give me on that day is anytime from 8AM to 8PM! Makes me wish Adelphia was back!

Not sure if it's the same procedure with that box but if you can point the remote at the stb--hold down the yellow pause button down and hold it till the mail logo flashes on the stb, when that happen push the page + button--should take you to a diagnostic screen, on the SA 8300 you go to page that has "current FDC" and "Current QAM", if you can do this see what you levels are if they are yellow begining of trouble red and your in trouble

THe FDC level is 4dBmV and the QAM is -1dBmV. Neither is in yellow or red. Are there any other screens or values I can check that might show why digital is freezing and breaking up?

Those numbers are usually reversed -1 being FDC and 4 being QAM but I don't think that is you problem,are you getting HSI along with cable TV. If so are the TV and HSI different cable runs from your cable box ie: one cable to modem seperate run to TV's

The internet connection is split from the cable that goes to the TV in that room. This has worked fine for the past 3 years. A couple other readings from the diagnostics are FDC S/N=26 dB and QAM S/N=32.

Is there an Amp anywhere in-line? where the cable is in the box or just splitters? As Stuart628 said try replacing the splitter--had a lighting strike near the house once a while back and it took out the amp for my house--replaced the amp and still had problems, come to find the splitter was also affected--replaced that and all was fine

No amps in the house. I just connected the TV directly from the cable coming into the house - no splitters - same digital problems. I also have hum bars on one local channel also. Any ideas on how to eliminate these?

Maybe the STB has gone bad!, you may also want to try a different connection to the TV change from HDMI to component--try to rule out in house problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts