Digital Distortion and color problem with DVR 625

RocketFoot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Southwestern PA
Hello, I just upgraded from standard Dish to the DVR 625 and I love it! I have only done a few recordings so far, but I have noticed on playback that there is some digital distortion and color surging? Is this normal or do I have a bad unit? It is very minor and barely noticable, but I guess I am a picky consumer! Thanks for any responses in advance...

Be sure to check your cable connections from the receiver to the television set to be sure that they are connected and not damaged, you can swap them out with others to see if they are bad. Another thing to look for is any magnetic source that may be to close to the receiver such as a speaker ( most are poorly shielded ). Also check the power outlette and the surge protector that you may or may not be using, bad or failing outlettes can cause problems as can power strips.

Thanks Van, I will check all my connections. It only seems to do it on recordings though. Watching live tv and even after pausing does not seem to affect the show.

If you focus on the background of a recorded show, you will notice it. The color seems to pulsate and you can see digital pixels sometimes. The foreground images remain ok, but they do seem to blur a little during the color surge. Like I said, it is not very noticable, but It drives me crazy know that I know it is doing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)