Digital Readiness Test (Cincinnati Broadcast Test 12/17/08)

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
This Wednesday 12/17 all the local Cincinnati TV stations will be performing a "Digital TV Readiness Test". Or how we here are calling it, the "what the &^*C" test.

On 12/17/08 from 7:30-7:35pm all local stations will be broadcasting a graphic over simulated no-signal static on their analog channels. Regular programming will air on their digital channels. The idea is to inform those who do not have digital TVs and are not getting local channels over cable or satellite that they are no ready for the change to come in just two short months.

Here is the problem... Are all the providers getting their signals from either OTA Digital stations or via fiber? I know Time Warner Cable is getting all their locals via fiber, but I do not know about everyone else! I know Dish network is still getting WLWT and WCET via OTA, but I am not certain whether its OTA Digital or OTA analog.

If you have Dish Network, DirecTV or another cable company and KNOW that the TV station you are viewing is hooked up to the cable or satellite system and you are receiving the channel from the cable or satellite company, AND you get this graphic over static message between 7:30 and 7:35 pm wednesday, call the cable or satellite company to let them know that THEY (not you) are not ready for the switch. For Dish network its "dishquality@echostar.com"

The Channels taking part in this "scare the hell out of subscribers test" are:
5 WLWT NBC (Digital 35)
9 WCPO ABC (Digital 10)
12 WKRC CBS (Digital 31)
19 WXIX Fox (Digital 29)
48 WCET PBS (Digital 34)
64 WSTR MyTV/THIS (Digital 33)

Stations that may take part but have not confirmed:
14 WPTO PBS (Digital 28)
25 WOTH LP* (Ind) (Digital 47)
38 WBQC CA* (aka.WKRP) (Ind) (Digital 47)
43 WKOI (TBN) (Digital 39)

*These stations do not have to stop their analog broadcasts on 2/17/09.

See ya
Tony

I'm happy to report that all the Cincinnati stations passed the digital readiness test on Dish Network and TWC. I noticed that the Dayton channels did the same test at the same time. I cannot speak for what the satellite or cable signals did there.

See ya
Tony

Minneapolis did the same thing

I passed (HDTV)
apparently Comcast partially did not. I guess my mom said 2 of the channels had the "fuzzy screen"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)