Digital signal strength??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thank you very much for you thoughtful input CochiseGuy, I am thinking I had better quit even thinking about trying this project. I would have to put antenna on a 125' tower to get away from trees. Not much in the way of hills or mountains but trees we got in spades!!! The area I live in,Florence,AL can receive the UHF analog signals from Huntsville, AL stations with a not a very sophisticated antenna. I was hoping the digital signal would be even stronger? I was considering buy another HGTV for my "shop/office" room which runs the cost up pretty high with antenna, boosters and etc., for something that may not work. Again THANKS!! Smoke

I went with a Winegard HD9095P atenna, a UHF only antenna with 95" UHF mast. I mounted it on a 25' pole, to make sure I cleared 600' ft. mountains about 30 miles away. I assume you're in a much flatter terrain, and just need clear any obstructions such as trees, buildings, etc. I also used a pre-amp, to boost the signal strength from the antenna. I went with a Channel Master 7777. Use the shortest possible coax cable run possible from the antenna to the preamp. I used summitsource.com for my purchases. Reasonable prices & very good service.

And remember anything beyond 50 miles is considered "fringe reception, and weather affects reception. You will never get dropout-free reception every day beyond 60 miles for UHF, 80 miles for VHF, no matter how good your antenna is. I kept my Dish standrard def local channels as a "backup" on windy, rainy days. Also, I get the OTA local program guide that way.

Good luck!

I too have a Winegard HD9095 antenna, I am over 70 miles away from the stations. I do *NOT* need a preamp, in fact it just added to the noise!
But I will add that I do get all the stations with 80 - 100 signal strength.
Very rarely do I loose OTA signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts