Digital Signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Danny Boy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2005
New York
Digital Signal-Color Problems

Hey Guys,

I've had the digital set-top boxes for a few weeks now. I have to say the image is crystal clear on most channels. Except for the lower channels 2-6 always have interference. I suspect it's the line coming into our apartment which looks old and it is RG-59.

My question is.. We are in an area that gets local networks from 2 sometimes 3 three sources. For instance we get CBS from NYC, Scranton, and Binghamtom. We get NBC from NYC and Scranton also.. Our NBC-NYC feed is channel 4 which often has static on it. So we switch to channel 8 which is the feed from Scranton.. My problem that on channel 8 the color is off. Everything is tinted yellow.

Do you think this is a problem with the feed itself or my cable box/TV?

Keep in mind all my other channels are normal color. I get the same results on channel 8 with the other TV's in the house.

TIA,

Dan

Danny Boy said:
Do you think this is a problem with the feed itself or my cable box/TV?

Keep in mind all my other channels are normal color. I get the same results on channel 8 with the other TV's in the house.

Boss,

It sounds like a problem with the feed. The signal you receive for your locals (through your cable box) would have the same strength as any other channel your box is decoding. Typically, the HD stations and features such as on-screen guides chew the most bandwidth. If you have these sorts of features, and they work properly, then I'd definately say it's the feed which your cable company is simply passing through to you. The question should be "How is my cable company receiving the signal from these local stations?"

I think you said it yourself, dude. You're right on the money. I'd be having a chat with the cable company to discuss the problem.

Thanks for the reply Optimus..

My cable co isn't very helpful, basically their opinion is that we're stuck with them and have to put up with their BS. I've had them out here a couple of times, all I want them to do it drop a new line to my apartment.. I get every excuse in the book. There are so many splitters attached to my building, and there are only 5 apartments.

I noticed my friend up the street from me.. Same everything and gets a good picture on all the channels.

It really doesn't bother me, I don't even watch the lower channels my mother watches CBS, and NBC.

Now she wants to cancel the package because the channels are repeated.. LOL. Like HBO is on 3, 201, and 901. 100-200 are repeated @ 800. She says they're ripping us off. I know they are just pricewise. I tried to explain we still get all the channels we're supposed to. :eek:

PS: Now my RR decides when it wants to work.... Yeesh! :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)