DIGIWAVE 7000 USALS and AC3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Larry1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Port Hope, ON Canada
Has the Digiwave 7000 been updated? Recently I have seen a few EBAY auctions listing USALS support and optional AC3 for the 7000. These would be two welcome features.

Thank You...Larry

Both of those are features are suppoedly available on a hack software.

I use 1.2 on my KUSat (which is a Digiwave 7000) with no issues
I do wish I had the AC-3 output...wish Digiwave would come out with a legal version

You might want to check digiwave technologies website. They might have some upgraded software for the dg7000. I can't get PBS most times, so getting the AC3 software is useless for me.

Well I found the newest legal software for the 7000 (I have a KUSat 2600). Let it download, and I lost my channels : (

2 things I noticed right away after setting up and both I like
-it defaults to Universal LNB and puts the LO in (you can change it but this use to not do that).
-when I would scan a DBS slot, it logged the channels as “TV 1, TV 2”, etc
Now it does it as the channel “TV 213” for NASA, TV 262 for Angel One. This is nice because sometimes the Digiwave/KUSat wouldn’t get all the free channels (Angel One it seemed to not get the first time)

Iceberg or anyone.. - on those Kusats 2600 / Digiwave 2700 - is there a way to rename channels manually with remote control, as i can do say on my BEC 6600 + ?

( i bought one Kusat 2600 now by the way.. little thingy, eh? ) :D

And also - is there a way to bring up on screen - the channel's PIDs values? (video audio pcr PID) . with some Info button or something.. - as, again, i can do with my BEC 6600 +?

If those 2 questions that i asked - can't co - that makes my BEC 6600 + very user friendly , flexible machine (that i always known) :)

Also - i guess kusat/digiwave does NOT bring out SID values? .. when scan.. it brings out 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.. instead of say for Globecast 154, 156, etc ...
BEC 6600 doesn't do it neither .. but some receivers DO..

anyhow .. another toy :) .... Way TOO MANY of 'em FTA machines out there...

Too many machines - not nuff time and money for 'em all ;)

Darkman said:
Iceberg or anyone.. - on those Kusats 2600 / Digiwave 2700 - is there a way to rename channels manually with remote control, as i can do say on my BEC 6600 + ?
yep. Go to channel list (first option) and when it brings up all the channels, hit "menu" and arrow down to rename. Then you can rename one (or all ) channels. After you go to rename and hit "ok" then go to the channel you want to rename and hit OK and the keyboard comes up to rename.

( i bought one Kusat 2600 now by the way.. little thingy, eh? ) :D
yes it it...just make sure to give it lots of ventalation as the thing gets warm after using it for a couple hours

And also - is there a way to bring up on screen - the channel's PIDs values? (video audio pcr PID) . with some Info button or something.. - as, again, i can do with my BEC 6600 +?
sadly, no :(

Also - i guess kusat/digiwave does NOT bring out SID values? .. when scan.. it brings out 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.. instead of say for Globecast 154, 156, etc ...
BEC 6600 doesn't do it neither .. but some receivers DO..
mine puts the names in it but when it hits a test card it says "Globecast 751". When you scan Dish, it shows the channel number (NASA logs as TV 213)

Thanks Iceberg:

1) - ya.. Can rename - i already found it last night :) .. Menu button there.. and then choose Rename.. and then OK, etc.. same as in BEC actually - same sub-screen there...

2) Can't bring up PID values then? .. - YES .. too bad .. that Sucks kinda :(
Oh well... but yup.. that is "sadly" :(

3) ya .. i noticed about SID #s.. .. weird thing though - it sometimes gets the real EPG name.. but sometimes it just does something like "TV 154" , "Radio 156" , or something (examples only) ... etc.. where one can just figure out 154 , etc to be SID values...

But why does it do it like that - sometimes real EPG name.. but sometimes TV # ? .. does it depend on how some Tp's info coming from satellite.. or TP strenth maybe.. or?

Thanks again

I honestly don’t know about the name one

I know when I scan Dish for the freebies, they log as
TV 213 (NASA)
TV 262 (Angel One)
TV 101
Radio is Radio 959, Radio 960, etc

ExpressVu seems to do the names as what they are
XPRS
XPRS2

Only ones that didn’t seem to be the new slate screens. There is one that shows what channel the NFL ST games will be on and that logs as “TV 253” or something like that

Radio stations log them as their names Q107, POWER, CBC1T. Only ones that don’t are the ones that have nothing on them (I think it would be the “audio” for the slate screens

Iceberg,
Looking at your Review of Kusat 2600 again:

"-can loop out to another receiver
-can delete channels one by one, by transponder, by satellite or all (This is my favorite feature)"

So couple of questions:
- i noticed how to delete channels there "one by one", but could not figure out by now (limited time somewhat to play with it) how to delete channels "by transponder, by satellite or all" ---- Let me know please how to delete channels "by transponder, by satellite or all"

- can loop out to another receiver ... --- is that some connection on the back? .. i never had time to look yet, but recall my BEC, i think had this LOOP connection on the back (maybe .. can't recall now) .. --- But in any case, What does "loop out to another receiver" mean or do? .. and how to do it? (the procedure?) :)

Suggestion:

In your review there - you have "flaws" column (or whatever it is), .. You should add to those "flaws" what we discussed before.. that say by being on the menu somewhere, on channel list somewhere, one can't go to any particular channel and press something .. some info button or whatever ..and the receiver in return would display channel's VPID APID and PCR PID .. and maybe even channel's SID (unlike some other receivers do - example my BEC 6600+ shows VPID APID and PCR PID , others show SID also ...)
It's definatly somewhat of a flaw..
The only way i guess to see those VPID APID PCR PID values - would be dumping channel list.. and viewing the output on computer... in a text file.. then i think those value will be shown..
Definatly - an inconvinience....

about SIDs though - sometimes, as you know .. i think you mentioned it before.. sometimes when scan tp.. instead of actual EPG Name.. something like "TV ####" is spit out (where #### = some channel number (AKA SID) :)

Unique little receiver though...

Thanks...

Iceberg.. just letting you know - i found some other Delete - "Delete TP" (in a Channel Search Menu)

But that would delete the entire TP i guess.. and not just all channels in this TP (but still leaving the TP there) .. - which is NOT always the desired task to do...

your "can delete channels one by one, by transponder, by satellite or all (This is my favorite feature)" - sounds somewhat different, lol... ..
Like often want to delete all the channels in a TP say, or all Satellite channel, or even ALL channels.. but leave all the TPs, Satellites, alive.. You know what i mean, eh? :)

Let me know if there is that way that you described...

P.S. .. just thinking out loud - "Factory Default setting" .. that is something else also :)

P.S. #2 - hehe - never mind about "can delete channels one by one, by transponder, by satellite or all (This is my favorite feature)" - HAHA - i just found it! (Hint: I read the User Manual, lol) :D

Let me know about that Loop thingy though, thanks... :)

Yes you can delete just a TP, but what if you want to save one channel in the TP?

Say "Delete TP" and click on one channel in the TP...all channels in TP are X'd
change to "delete" and click on the channel you want to keep. It un-x's but the rest say x'd

then you deleted all channels on TP except for the ones you want to save.

For me, this works real good when scanning IA-5 (I don't need most the ethnic stuff but like the English stuff) :)

Darkman said:
- can loop out to another receiver ... --- is that some connection on the back? .. i never had time to look yet, but recall my BEC, i think had this LOOP connection on the back (maybe .. can't recall now) .. --- But in any case, What does "loop out to another receiver" mean or do? .. and how to do it? (the procedure?) :)

yes the unit has a loop out...there are 4 coax connections
-satellite in
-antenna in
-rf out
-loop out

Loop out allows you to "slave" another unit to it. this works good if you are slaving an analog unit to it. Or you can have both a PC card and a reciever. Only drawback is if the main unti is on, the slave can only pick up that same polarity.

I have an analog slaved to mine for the analog feeds :)

Iceberg,

How do timers (If at all) work in this machine?

I tried playing around with Timers somewhat on my Kusat Pro 2600a ..

Turned it on there on menu.. (said YES) . .etc.. but it didn't turn to that channel as i was hoping..
It was left at the channel where it was previously..

So, do timers work on this machine.. and if so - any trick(s) maybe?

Hmmm.. switch channels and all (to the desired channel), etc?

Hmmm.. Lucky you :)

OK I lied.....I don't have pictures right now....it was too dark and they looked like crap. :)

Go into timer reservation (hit OK)

-select a timer (1,2,3,etc)
-next line is channel. It should be on the current channel you're on. arrow down to it and press "OK". Your channel list will come up to the left of it. Select what channel you want it to turn to.
-next option is to turn on unit or turn off
-next option I think is set...turn this to "YES" to activate the timer
-change date/time as need be
if you're happy...then exit out (you'll get the "saving data" on the screen. If the unit is on, it will turn to the channel you selected. If off, it will turn on and change channel.

I usually set a 2nd timer (timer 2) to turn the unit off....all I do is the 3rd line change to "turn off" and change to "YES" :)

Thanks.. will check it out and / or play with it later... maybe even in couple of days...

too busy now.. and soon to work :(

Just played with it somewhat again..

Timer - 1
Turn on Channel - Chose a different channel
Timer Type - One Time
Event Type - Turn ON
Enable - I entered "Yes"
Month - 11
Date - 14
Time - I set it 2 minutes ahead of current time...

Hehe - it worked!

Pretty sure i did it the same way last time (when it didn't work) .. Oh well..
It worked this time :)

---
So if tv is on channel 1 lets say, and i want it to go to channel 2 at certain time.. i set the timer the same way .. and it goes... and then lets say i want it to go to channel 3 few hours later - What do i do.. - I guess go to "Timer Number - 2"?
And set up there the same way as above.. to go to that 3rd channel at certain time...?

And then, i guess, at 1st timer's time - TV will switch to channel 2 (from channel 1) .. and later on at 2nd timer's time - TV will switch to that channel 3 (selected in the timer) from channel 2?

Thanks again... ..
It works anyhow :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)