Digiwave L/C invacom competitor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
If this has been posted already, I missed it and couldn't find it in searches.

So, has anyone used one of these?
Digiwave LNB

Ebay Digiwave Universal/Circular LNB

Seems like they could be a nice alternative to the QPH-031, plus it's universal for those handful that need a universal. Seems like it might be lighter too for those concerned with weight.

and guess what market they cater to? :(

Sure as heck not the Dish subscriber...Dish LNB can't be a Universal. And also how does the unit work with a Linear satellite since both 119 & 118.7 are circular? Sure it covers the KU band but 118.7 is circular polarity

yeah, I know who they are marketing too, but it says it's universal too, 10.7 to 12.75 range. Maybe I am reading it wrong, but I interpreted it like the invacom does C and L. I figured each output on that LNB one would be L and the other C.

Edit:

I guess they can "technically" be marketing to dish subs who don't want to pay for the dish branded LNB. But I have no clue how well it would work with a dish receiver.

what docs ?

Well, I read the importer's web site, and the eBay site, too.
Neither specify what the two connectors do.
Is one circular and one linear? Doesn't say that.
There is no clear indication how to get the 11250 LO you'd need for normal circular operation.
Not spectacular noise figure, either.

So, I consider it a pig-in-a-poke, or a stupid waste of money 'till better spec'd.

yeah, I know who they are marketing too, but it says it's universal too, 10.7 to 12.75 range. Maybe I am reading it wrong, but I interpreted it like the invacom does C and L. I figured each output on that LNB one would be L and the other C.

Edit:

I guess they can "technically" be marketing to dish subs who don't want to pay for the dish branded LNB. But I have no clue how well it would work with a dish receiver.

with the 10.7-12.75 range it HAS to be a Universal and Dish boxes can't distinguish a Universal LNB

Good point there berg. But for true FTA, I can't figure out how it would work either. I have gathered that it's a dual output unit, so each port is stand alone, not split for C and L stuff.

I've seen plenty of the 118.8 LNB's out there but they only do C stuff. This was the first one that said it did linear also. So since I could find very little info, I figured I'd post and see what guys here had to say.

118.7 is weird because its Circular polarity but in the KU band range (11.7-12.2) so maybe it will only work for that 118/119 combo? The way they make it sound is that it will only work for Circular polarity

one output is linear, and one output is circular

119 and 118.7 are circular but 118.7 uses a lower freq thats why the cicualr lof/h is still 10600

at least thats what I got out of the ebay adds I seen.

The way they make it sound is that it will only work for Circular polarity
See, I'm reading it differently due to this line on the ebay ad:
· This Universal Linear / Circular Combo LNB is also ideal to be used with a dish motor on 33” or 39” dish and pick up both Linear and circular satellite signals

Updatelee, that's how I first read it, then it says it's a dual output lnb, not 2 single outputs. If the the two were seperated it would make a bit more sense

119 and 118.7 are circular but 118.7 uses a lower freq thats why the cicualr lof/h is still 10600

118.7 starts at 11720 so it would have to be a standard LNB if using it on a Dish box. BUt if the hackers are using it on a different box then it woudlnt care

I wrote the seller and email and asked for specs sheet if possible. I also sent email to digiwave on it. See if I get a response that makes sense or even answers questions.

I looked at that too anole. I figure if the hackers really wanted it, they'd just get a cheap wide-band circ LNB
Ebay listing

Edit:

Got confirmation that it is a dual output lnb. Everything out of 1 port, feeds 2 receivers. I was re-sent the spec sheet from the digiwave website so that didn't offer any insight. Still waiting on digiwave to respond to my email.

Last edited:
That 2nd eBay listing is a totally different product.
Compare pictures with the first listing.
Look at the label on the 2nd listing.
Reads: Circular Twin, 11.70 to 12.75, LO=10.750 , nf=0.4db

I'm totally confused by all the mumbo-jumbo.
Do either of these LNBs have any legit use with Dish receivers?
Why are both vendors located in Canada?
Why would hackers want 118?

yeah, I know the 2nd ebay is totally different. That is the one I figure is diesigned specifically for 118.7 and 119. No linear capability.

Yea, it took me a moment to reread the whole thread to figure that out.
The 2nd LNB is quite interesting.
Never knew they existed.
I see now why you posted it.

...hrmmmm.... however, the claims of the 2nd eBay seller that the LNB will get the standars circular birds is hard to believe, considering the single LO listed....
Okay, I did the math.
I guess it'll work.
But it's quite non-standard, and of use to the hackers only, so far as I can guess.

Very imaginative.
Band-stacked output frequencies, non-standard LO (for this application), and yet it's a legacy design.
Someone's been thinking! :)

I'm more interested in the first one just out of curiosity on how it works. I can't fathom how it does univeral linear and cicular up to 12.75ghz out of 1 output. I am actually on hold with digiwave right now to see how it works.

just so everyone is clear, in the OP, the 2 links are the same product.

The 2nd ebay listing I put up is one of the ones I figured would be hacker bait as it only does Circular stuff, but does the wider band.

It is for the International Dish channels on 118.7and the 119 sat. There are several HD channels moving to 118.7. So, it is directed at the hacker market. But, even a legit Dish subscriber could
use it , if they had the right subscription package. (and dish setup)
BUT, why buy one off of Ebay when if you needed one, your local dealer could get you the correct device. Wheather or not they would charge for a replacement I don't know.
But, it's not a competitor for the QPH-031 at all.
grusome

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)