Diplexer issue

MatreX

Original poster
Aug 31, 2012
United States
I have this setup (see image)

The setup using Ch3 works perfect, but the one using Ch4 gets static sound/snowy signal on the distant TV. Each TV is in separate rooms. I upgraded from old 501's to 612's. the Ch3 setup was in place since the 501's were installed, but the 2nd tv on CH4, I added after the tech finished the install of the 612's. I used my own Diplexers I had collected over time (from previous Dish Network installs.) I forgot to label the coax splitter properly, but it handles 5-950MHz. I've also removed the splitter and piped the TVout (CH4) directly to the diplexer and still get a bad signal.

Oh, and not pictured are the Dish combiner/splitters for Sat1/Sat2, they are in the appropriate spot between the diplexer and the 612's using the SAT connection on the diplexer.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. I've been a long time lurker, first time poster.

And, I was curious if I got some Dish Triplexers if they'd pass channel 3/4 back (the label says ch21-60something) but I didn't think that would cut off ch3/4 from passing through since you can also use that to send OTA signals (which include Ch3/4) through the same connection. It'd also simplify the wiring...

satellite.jpg

Last edited:
You need to modulate on a channel other than 4 channel 3 and 4 are adjacent channels and interfere with each other.
I have this setup (see image)

The setup using Ch3 works perfect, but the one using Ch4 gets static sound/snowy signal on the distant TV. Each TV is in separate rooms. I upgraded from old 501's to 612's. the Ch3 setup was in place since the 501's were installed, but the 2nd tv on CH4, I added after the tech finished the install of the 612's. I used my own Diplexers I had collected over time (from previous Dish Network installs.) I forgot to label the coax splitter properly, but it handles 5-950MHz. I've also removed the splitter and piped the TVout (CH4) directly to the diplexer and still get a bad signal.

Oh, and not pictured are the Dish combiner/splitters for Sat1/Sat2, they are in the appropriate spot between the diplexer and the 612's using the SAT connection on the diplexer.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. I've been a long time lurker, first time poster.

And, I was curious if I got some Dish Triplexers if they'd pass channel 3/4 back (the label says ch21-60something) but I didn't think that would cut off ch3/4 from passing through since you can also use that to send OTA signals (which include Ch3/4) through the same connection. It'd also simplify the wiring...

View attachment 80627

You need to modulate on a channel other than 4 channel 3 and 4 are adjacent channels and interfere with each other.

hmmm, that might be a problem. Last I checked, the TV1Out only allows ch3/4 as the options. The receivers with TV2 out get 21-69 as options I think...

Why use diplexers to start with unless that is the only way you can get the 2nd Tvs to work due to cable locations.

I didnt want to have to run additional coax as the attic is not friendly to work in, tight spaces. The diplexers in the attic are right by the stairs for easy access, but running new cable is not a task I would want to tackle in this house.

Edit: got sidetracked last night and didn't get to turn them around yet. I'll do so and reply with the results.

Thanks to everyone who has made suggestions! I love this community!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts