Diplexer ques. for Sat. and Std Cable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tmasters2876

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
I have Dish Network going to only 1 receiver. The Dish is a 500 with Dual Pro LNB's. Obviously only one line is coming out to the receiver. I also have standard cable...no Digital Receiver as this is strictly standard.

Can I use a diplexer (on each end, combine, then split) so I can only use 1 run, rather than pull another run to get both?

Thanks!

I have Dish Network going to only 1 receiver. The Dish is a 500 with Dual Pro LNB's. Obviously only one line is coming out to the receiver. I also have standard cable...no Digital Receiver as this is strictly standard.

Can I use a diplexer (on each end, combine, then split) so I can only use 1 run, rather than pull another run to get both?

Thanks!

Yes you can. I like the Holland diplexers but any diplexer rated up to 2150 Mhz will do.

Just one thing I noticed, you say "500 with a Dual Pro LNB". Are there two LNBs or just one with two eyes? If you're using two dual DP lnbs, make sure you place the diplexer after the DP21 switch. If you're using a DP Twin or DPP Twin it doesn't matter since those lnbs have a switch built in. Look at the pictures below, the first one is a DP Dual lnb and you'll need two of those for 119 and 110. The second one is a DP Twin lnb.

Attachments

• dual-Lnbf.gif
    dual-Lnbf.gif
    24 KB · Views: 157
  • legacytwin.gif
    legacytwin.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 156
Thank you. I have a twin DPP. It has worked, but I do notice acquiring sat signal alot now and not all the channels fromt he std. cable com across very well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)