Diplexer Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JustinC83

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2007
Can i use a diplexer, if i want to hook up a digital cable box and satellite, in a room that has a wall connector, and there is no way i can run a new cable.

alright i ran a test

i hooked up, my cable & directv line to a diplexer and then i ran a cable from that one to another diplexer, which then was hooked up to the cable box and directv receiver

and it went all good

(now when i move, i will have comcast and i will hook a cable line into my directv multiswitch 5x8 (4 lnb + 1 catv) and then the multiswitch will be hooked up to the already walled in cable lines)

now with the company i have now they have this amp, and they have one wire that was run all the way to the cable modem, but from what i saw the power level was too much, so i put on a splitter just before the cable modem,

now should i have the comcast guy hook the amp (if there is one) near the multswitch or in the room where the computer will be
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Amps should be where the signal is still good. If you put it by computer you will be amping a degraded signal. Garbage in equals garbage out.

As for the diplexers, if you have DirecTV HD, you will have to move the B band converter upstream towards the dish so that it is inline before the diplexers.

Hey Vegas, is it true for all H20's that u can do this? In other words, are their any other restrictions when Diplexing HD ird's?

Diplexing HD signals is officially not recommended because it is a little complicated.

You need to be very careful when tinkering with CATV as they may expand and/or change their band coverage at any time and you'll wonder what happened. My local Comcast recently moved things around and my setup got munched.

the only reason why im doing this is because im moving to a new house and all the cables are in the wall, and it would get very messy to drill new lines for directv, thats why im wondering what would be the best idea

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts