Diplexer question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Simple answer NO. The regular CATV splitter you have around the house won't work for Satellite (different frequency range). The Diplexer splits the signal going through it into a CATV signal / Sat Signal. Also, it allows the DC voltage to pass through the SAT side which is necessary to operate the LNBF.

Picture3_001.jpg

#19 here: http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Switches.htm

standard splitter as diplexor

depends what you want to do
a splitter will not work!!! to add an off air line and sat line together to one line, dont even try it!!!

what exactly do you want to do????

I want to bring the rooftop antenna into my room from the multiswitch. I currently have all the sats hooked up and the antenna hooked up. Am I guessing right is that I need a diplexer in my room to seperate the two signals?

What about an antenna that has a preamp that need DC as well?

I have a separate line going from the antenna to the receiver but that is only one receiver in the house.

If I run the output into the switcher (TREK) it looks like I will lose at least 5 dB of signal which in my case is very bad. Ideas?

Keep the pre-amp on the same side of the di-plexer with the antenna. Remember your Sat Receiver sends a voltage up to the LNB!! so if you allow DC pass on the antenna side that Sat voltage will also go that way !!

If you use an OTA antenna that requires a powered amplifier, the amplifier must be between the TV and the diplexer. That way the signal coming from the OTA antenna, will pass through the diplexers, then go through the amplifier into the receiver. No power will pass through the ANT side of the diplexer (it is blocked).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)