Diplexer Question

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search and all diplexer issues dealt with running a sat. and OTa together. I have a 625 and a 811 coming this sat ( I am getting 2 sat dishes, the main one, plus I have 2 channels on the 61.5 so I am going to need that as I cant miss my favorite spanish drama!) I only have 2 tvs. the 811 will service the Sony HD RPTV on the first floor, and directly, and then the 625 will be stored on the second floor in the master bedroom. Someone mentioned something of diplexer earlier but I cant figure it out. I have dual rg 6 run to the master bedroom, and the living room. Can somone please tell me how I can have the 625 hooked up to both the master bedroom and the living room (from sat to reciever break it down on a 1st grade level as I am pretty dumb when it comes to diplexers and switches) again
625=upstairs (dual rg6 run)
811 1st floor (dual rg6 run)
Thank you in advance

Sorry... Responded earlier without fully understanding your question. One thing, the 625 is not a HD receiver so, you realize, you will be watching all the programming originating from the upstairs receiver in SD. I not sure but someone said in your other post that a single RG-6 could be connected to the 625… So connect the unused RG-6 to the modulated output (coax) on the receiver going back up to the roof, use a barrel connector and connect this to the other unused RG-6 going to the living room. You can set the 625’s channel number to 3 or 4 and tune your living room SD receiver built into the TV to the corresponding number. This should work… Suerte!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)