diplexer question

pjm8047

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 27, 2004
syracuse,ny
Is it posible to use diplexer with a splitter in between going to 2 tv's for the ant and a other diplexer to only one of the tv's. heres is a pic

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    7.6 KB · Views: 187
I try this install and I get to dish signal . Do you think it is the splitter thats the problem do I need a power pass splitter?

It seems like it would work, but I could see the following problems:

- To pass a TV and Dish legacy signal, the splitter would have to be at least 50MHz - 1600MHz.

- To pass a TV and Dish DishPro signal, the splitter would have to be at least 50MHz - 2150MHz.

- You would have to make sure the TV connected directly to the splitter did not back feed any signals.

Basically, I would eliminate that splitter, or put it before the diplexor.

It seems like it would work, but I could see the following problems:

- To pass a TV and Dish legacy signal, the splitter would have to be at least 50MHz - 1600MHz.

- To pass a TV and Dish DishPro signal, the splitter would have to be at least 50MHz - 2150MHz.

- You would have to make sure the TV connected directly to the splitter did not back feed any signals.

Basically, I would eliminate that splitter, or put it before the diplexor.

Should I put in a power pass splitter?

Should I put in a power pass splitter?

The LNBs need power somehow, which they get from the receiver. So the splitter and the diplexers need to be able to pass the power signal, as well as the low-frequency control signals.

I don't know. There are not enough specs listed.

On this splitter, 2-Way means 2 outputs, and not bi-directional (signals/voltage). Looking at the label in the picture, the frequency range appears to be okay.

A lot of splitters will not handle the LNBF current, and will burn up soon or in due time.

There are DishPro compatible splitters and diplexors, but I don't know which ones are. But check the vendors above, they may list some that are DP compatible.

just use 2 sets of diplexers, into a diplexer behind the tv, out of a diplexer where you want to split off to another tv, back into a diplexer to go outside to the dish/ant and back out of a diplexer to the dish and antenna.... done :)

There can't be any splitters between the dish and the receiver. Certain splitters can pass voltage and signal, but none can pass the 22KHZ tone for the DiSEqC (Digital Signal Equipment Control) communication between the receiver and the dish/switch. Your diplexer setup is correct. You need to put the splitter between the "VHF/UHF" side of the diplexer and the receiver. Then take one line from the splitter to the antenna port on the receiver, then the other line from the splitter to your other TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)