Diplexer vs. two separate cables

mk3000

Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Hi,
I currently have one cable with a diplexer going to the 722. I have a good quality HDTV connected to the 722. My question is would I get a noticeably better PQ if there were two separate cables going to the 722?
Thanks.

Hi,
I currently have one cable with a diplexer going to the 722. I have a good quality HDTV connected to the 722. My question is would I get a noticeably better PQ if there were two separate cables going to the 722?
Thanks.
nope..this has nothing to do with the video. The video is transfered via the interface cable from the receiver to the tv (Hopefully you are using HDMI) the tv then processes the siganl into video and audio

You might possibly get a stronger signal to your OTA with a two cable setup but the difference is probably not enough to go through the trouble of running that separate cable to your antenna. Diplexers do what they are expected to do.. And they save time and cable.

We have one forum member who would contest this but most would agree that if you have adequate signal to maintain signal lock then there si no gain in PQ associated with increases in signal strength.

having said that I occasionally experience problems with reception of signals from an adjacent DMA. Conceivably if I did not diplex I might gain enough strength to maintain signal lock on those stations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)