Diplexer with air antenna Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sammy4041

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Eau Claire, WI
Ok,

Here is what I have. I have a dish 622 reciever with a 1000 dish. So they utilize the one cable from the dish to the reciever. They then use a diplexer to split off into the 2 inputs. This is common knowledge, I imagine. Well then they have a cable that runs from the output, returns outside and returns inside by the attic so it can be run to the second tv. My question is. I just bought a antenna that sits in the attic and works great. I was wondering is there a way using diplexers to use that existing line that goes to tv #2 and somehow get the antenna signal running through it.

Thanks for your patience and help.

You will be combining TV2 and OTA signal. It may or may not work but you will need a couple of splitters to combine them. My suggestion is to just run a separate cable.

Thanks for the info, I came up with the idea after trying to fish another cable for about 2 hours. I guess I cant cheat and will have to keep hacking at it.

You can try and see if it works. Combine then with a regular cable splitter and then use another splitter to separate them. You will then need to keep playing with the output settings for TV2. I would try cable first and try all the channels and see which one gives you the best picture.

Just take a good quality 2 way splitter and take the VHF/UHF line on the diplexer and put that on the -3.5 leg of the splitter. Then take the antenna line and put that on the other -3.5 leg of the splitter as well. Then take the splitter in port and put that on the VHF/UHF side of the diplexer.

As Randall said you'll probably need to play with the TV2 modulator settings.

Thank you both for your help. After 5 hours of unhooking and fishing new coax I finally have it hooked up with its own coax. I am a happy camper with cbs HD out of Lacrosse. I no longer have to patiently wait until we get our Local Hd through dish. Finally I beat the man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)