Diplexer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jeff lost in cable

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2005
I have a short run from the disibution can to the main TV of 10'

I can't add cables as the install was done during construction.

I should have added more cables at the time thought I had more than needed.:mad:

I have one cable that I use for a DVD player in another room via a modulator to the main TV. I want to add a OTA Antenna cable in the distrubution can to the modulated cable.

My question is I have seen a diplexer and it has VHF/UHF one side and SAT on the other side. Being I'm adding none of these will the diplexer work?
Where do I put the ota cable on?
Jeff

you better of using 2 way splitter to combine them together. diplexer designed to combined power and non power cables it wont work for what you want

Well, my first obvious question is do you have a satellite system or any satellite signals traveling down those wires. If not, then a diplexer is not something you need.

You can take a modulated signal such as the one from your DVD player and combine an OTA feed onto that same wire by simply connecting a splitter backwards and hooking the wire coming out of the antenna to what is typically the OUT port of the splitter and connect the modulator to it the same way. Then connect the wire that will be carrying both of these signals to what is typically the IN port of the splitter.

If you need the two signals to go in opposing directions, I don't know if that can be accomplished using the above procedure. However since the parts are so cheap, you can give it a shot.

Also, if your DVD is using one of those typical store bought modulators that only puts out on either 3 or 4, you will want to switch it whatever of those two channels is not being broadcast on antenna. If that doesn't give a good picture, you will need to buy a modulator that allows you to choose the channel to which you want to assign the DVD feed. Then just pick a clear channel.

Well, my first obvious question is do you have a satellite system or any satellite signals traveling down those wires. If not, then a diplexer is not something you need.

You can take a modulated signal such as the one from your DVD player and combine an OTA feed onto that same wire by simply connecting a splitter backwards and hooking the wire coming out of the antenna to what is typically the OUT port of the splitter and connect the modulator to it the same way. Then connect the wire that will be carrying both of these signals to what is typically the IN port of the splitter.

If you need the two signals to go in opposing directions, I don't know if that can be accomplished using the above procedure. However since the parts are so cheap, you can give it a shot.

Also, if your DVD is using one of those typical store bought modulators that only puts out on either 3 or 4, you will want to switch it whatever of those two channels is not being broadcast on antenna. If that doesn't give a good picture, you will need to buy a modulator that allows you to choose the channel to which you want to assign the DVD feed. Then just pick a clear channel.

Yes, No satellite signals down that cable only OTA and modulated (has multi channels to pick from)

I can't find a splitter that is 950-2100 DB ? They have them in MHZ .

Thanks
Jeff

Since he doesn't have satellite, any splitter that is rated to 950mhz or higher would be fine. Just look for one that says 0-950Mhz, or 0-1000Mhz, or 0-1Ghz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)