diplexers/522??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ciaraco

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 6, 2004
Akron,Ohio
If you have a 522 in location (A) and a 811 in location (B) and a 2nd 811 in location (C) can you split the rf out of TV2 side of the 522 and run it into the DP34 switch's ANT/CABLE IN and then diplex it into the ANT IN on the 811's? Would you be able to view the 522 thu the 811 with a tv/video button?
Or would I need to set up TV1 side for a UHF Pro set up and split the TV1 side? Thanks in advance for any info on this. :confused:

There is NO "AVT/CABLE IN" on a DP34. Conceptually, you can do what you're asking, but it's very inconvienent. If your house is aready wired with old coax (like for cable), use that Note that if you're still connected to the cable system you have to prevent the RF output from going back upstream out of your house.

You WANT to use the 522 TV2 output - it's MTS stereo. TV1 is not.

Sorry, I'm tired - hope this helped.

No cable signal at all, only road runner. Could I diplex in after the switch or should I try to send the AV signal wireless through a trek leap frog? Thanks again.

Well, I'm not tired, and I've been around the block once or twice, but you've got me there - what's "road runner"?

Anyway, yes, you can diplex the output of the switches.
DPxxx --- power inserter --- Diplexer ---//--- Diplexer --- Receiver

Note that only some switches require the power inserter.

Then your house wiring IS attached to the cable system, and you MUST NOT put your own TV signals on it without the proper equipment to prevent your signal from leaving your house.

Road Runner has it's own line completely separate from and not connected to the rest of the cable system. The 522 TV2 side is currently feeding 4 other TVs and I would like to be able to view the contents of the hard drive from the rooms with 811S. I guess my question is how? Would I use 4 diplexers 2 at the switch and one behind each 811 or would I be better off with another plan. Running an additional rg6 is going to be very difficult. Thanks again. :confused:

ciaraco said:
Road Runner has it's own line completely separate from and not connected to the rest of the cable system. The 522 TV2 side is currently feeding 4 other TVs and I would like to be able to view the contents of the hard drive from the rooms with 811S. I guess my question is how? Would I use 4 diplexers 2 at the switch and one behind each 811 or would I be better off with another plan. Running an additional rg6 is going to be very difficult. Thanks again. :confused:
But SimpleSimon is still right. You may have a separate wire inside your house to the cable modem ("home run line" in broadband lingo; it's done for some DSL lines too), but that line ultimately goes back to the Time Warner cable line on the pole, and TV2 *will* interfere with other customers' cable service through that if it's not properly isolated. So if you don't do as SimpleSimon says, the jack-booted thugs of TW (if not the FCC) *will* come visit you--for good reason.

OK, but I have a RG-6 Drop for basic cable feeding the house and a second RG-7 drop running to a DC-9, out of that the tap port runs on 7 all the way to the modem and the other out port is terminated with a locking terminator. 2 drops the cable tv drop is not being used at all, not a factor at all. I hope this clears any confusion. Thanks again...

It's possible that the cable interface box has the necessary blocking hardware in it - I really can't say. It would be smart of them to do that.

But, for your case, if the house RG-6 is disconnected from the cable interface, then no problem. :)

However, in re-reading the thread, it appears that you do NOT have any existing in-wal RG-6 to play with - just the satellite feed cables.

That being the case, diplexers are the answer. Here's the "rule". You can put a TV output signa on the same wire as a satellite feed - in either direction - as long as the diplexers are the 'inner' devices on the wire.

This is OK:
DP34 --- diplexer ---//--- diplexer --- receiver

This is NOT OK:
diplexer --- DP34 ---// --- diplexer

Said diplexers can be used to send OTA band (VHF/UHF) signals as desired.

For example, from a receiver's TV RF output towards the switch, out of a diplexer there, into other diplexer(s) to be sent to another room(s), and diplexed off near the back of those receivers.

Note that the receivers RF output does have limits on how much cable and splitting it can handle. It varies by installation. A basic VHF/UHF amplifier placed near the switch should solve any of those issues. An amplifier placed near the driving device will NOT.

I THINK that's what you were asking. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts