Diplexers and DishHD?

csete

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2007
I'm a big time newbie when it comes to the world of satellite TV. As a cable convert, I'm still not entirely sure I like satellite, but at this point I have an 18 month commitment to keep :)

I've read a bit about using diplexers to piggyback OTA signals onto the incoming cable and then break it back up just before the receiver. Is this possible to do with DishHD? I currently have a Vip622 DVR and a 625 DVR with a Dish 1000. There are two cable runs from the dish into the house from the dish and I'm considering trying to add an OTA antenna to the mix.

What is possible and what are the pitfalls? Are there any good installation guides for this kind of thing on the net?

Thanks,
Craig

Is the 622 feeding another TV? If so, most likely you already have diplexers for the 622.... It's not recommended to combine OTA and TV2 on the same line. If you don't then yes you can use diplexers with the 622 and OTA.

You combine OTA and satellite feed with one diplexer and then at the receiver you use another diplexer, one cable to the dp separator (622) and one to the OTA input.

http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishnetwork/Installation_Documents/The_Ins_and_Outs_of_Diplexers.pdf

Actually, I should have been more clear... I'm also considering switching out the 625 for another Vip622. The diplexer would be to feed the HD OTA input for the Vip622. Does that make any difference?

OK. Cool. So there is no other concerns with HD or signalling? I saw something somewhere on the net that made me wonder if that was a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts