Diplexers and Splitters

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Edmundo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
This is setup:
Family room has the OTA cable and FTA cable
Master bedroom has Coolsat 5000
One cable between both rooms

This is what I'm trying to accomplish:
I want to be able to view same program (Coolsat) on both tv's
Feed my MB TV with OTA

I plan on buying 2 diplexers and 2 splitters. Is there any hope that this will work?

I've seen different diplexers and splitters on Sadoun page, which ones do I need to buy?

Thanks

Sure will work, with Diplexers you can combine satellite and cable and send the signals back and forth in any direction!

I would use the RCA outputs on the Coolsat for your TV in bedroom (If you have RCA connections on the TV)

Then send the satellite signal back down the same line that the OTA signal is coming from with the use of a Diplexer at each end of that cable.

So you will have OTA coming from the Family room and going to the bedroom and Satellite signal coming from the bedroom to the family room.

So really two Diplexers will work! ( I would get the splitters also as they are handy)

Thanks Pete!

The reason I mentioned the splitters is because I think I need to combine 2 coax from my family room: 1 with OTA and 1 with the satellite signal. Once combined, I would connect it to the dixplexer on one side, and on the other the satellite feed. Once in my bedroom, the OTA would be connected to the splitter, one side to the tv and the other connected to the receiver out.

Will this work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)