Diplexers

SigSat

Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
I have a 311 receiver and I want to watch the programming on 2 TVs. I placed two diplexers using the setup as follows.

Diplexer 1, at the receiver is attached to the Sat In with a 6” coax at the Sat In/Out power passing side of the diplexer. From the TV SET OUT post I attached a splitter with one coax going to the TV and the second to the TV In/Out side of the Diplexer.

Diplexer 2, is attached to the LNB on the Power Passing side and TV 2 on the TV In/Out side. (See attached Diagram)

Picture is fine on TV1. But, I am getting nothing but snow on TV2.

TV2 is out in the shop and all the coax from all rooms go out to a box on the outside wall. That is where I placed the Diplexer 2.

The diplexer I used is a Perfect Vision PVDP-2. It is a power passing bidirectional diplexer that is set for 950-2250 MHz on the satellite side and 5-860 MHz on the TV side. :confused:

Attachments

• diplexers.pdf
    16.2 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:
If everything is as you show in your diagram then it *knock on wood* should work. Logic would dictate that one of your diplexers has failed. Have you tried switch your receiver and your TV's to channel 4 instead of 3? Those are the two likely culprits I can see from this scenario.

Like Webbydude said, that should work.

Just make sure the channel on the TV matches the channel output set on the receiver. You could also eliminate the splitter and connect directly to the diplexer the RF output.

If you have any Audio/video cable then just do away with the two way splitter. Your picture will be lots better and the splitter could be bad and eliminate your problem. If you have everything hooked like in the diagram then it should work. RandallA has the only salution that I could think of making sure the channel output and the TV channel are on either 3 or 4. The only other thing that it could be, but highly unlikely, is the splitter. Look at the connectors and make sure that the stingers are long enough and that the coax braid is not touching it either.

Is it possible to add a OTA antenna to the mix?

This is how my setup is:
Family room has the OTA cable and FTA cable
Master bedroom has Coolsat 5000
One cable between both rooms

This is what I'm trying to accomplish:
I want to be able to view same program (Coolsat) on both tv's
Feed my MB TV with OTA

I plan on buying 2 diplexers and 2 splitters. Is there any hope that this will work?

I've seen different diplexers and splitters on Sadoun page, which ones do I need to buy?

Thanks

Is it possible you got the wrong wire for the second tv? its happened to me before. Might try to chase that wire and make sure its OK.

Edmundo said:
Is it possible to add a OTA antenna to the mix?

This is how my setup is:
Family room has the OTA cable and FTA cable
Master bedroom has Coolsat 5000
One cable between both rooms

This is what I'm trying to accomplish:
I want to be able to view same program (Coolsat) on both tv's
Feed my MB TV with OTA

I plan on buying 2 diplexers and 2 splitters. Is there any hope that this will work?

I've seen different diplexers and splitters on Sadoun page, which ones do I need to buy?

Thanks
Diplexers are used to combine a feed from a dish to a receiver along with pretty much any kind of VHF/UHF signals.

The problem is trying to feed the OTA "down" to something while also feeding the VHF (or UHF) output of the receiver back "up" the same cable. This arrangement turns your OTA antenna into a transmitter. The FCC frowns on this.

The fix is a specific type of combiner, but you're going to be much better off just biting the bullet and running more wire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts