Diplexing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It would need to be connected to Host port, not client. In the video he says to disconnect the 2nd hopper and connect the super Joey and it would ignore the other channel.( would see 2 of the 3 turners that the 2nd hopper did)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
I tried it that way too. It always shows weak mocca and the super joey can't complete it's switch check. Believe me this last weekend I spend a lot of time trying different ways to get it to work and it just won't do it with the dual node.

I just connected my Duo node back up. I have the HWS on a host and SJ on the other host. The 2 client ports I have terminated. I plugged in the hopper, ran a check swith. I then plugged in the SJ. It took a while to get going. I ran another check switch and all 5 turners are going. I get good moca, in the green. Did your SJ ever sync to the hopper? Were you could see the guide a select a channel from the SJ? It may need to be connected correctly the first time. I had tried this a few months back just to see if it would work. I did connect it correctly to begin with and everything worked to start with, before i tried the DUO node. Here is a picture of the check switch screen. I am switching it back to the solo node now, just to be safe because of the voltage concern.
5864-1.jpg

I've thought the Super Joey was a receiver in itself. The integrator is used to tie in to the rest of the system to make it's 2 tuners available to the whole system.
I guess I should've checked for voltage output from it on an earlier install today. Anyone know if it does?
To me, this makes sense about running a 3rd line down from the LNBF.

The Super Joey is just another Joey that happens to have two tuners in it. It is not a separate receiver that can be used on it's own. It still needs the Hopper to function just like a regular Joey does.

I just connected my Duo node back up. I have the HWS on a host and SJ on the other host. The 2 client ports I have terminated. I plugged in the hopper, ran a check swith. I then plugged in the SJ. It took a while to get going. I ran another check switch and all 5 turners are going. I get good moca, in the green. Did your SJ ever sync to the hopper? Were you could see the guide a select a channel from the SJ? It may need to be connected correctly the first time. I had tried this a few months back just to see if it would work. I did connect it correctly to begin with and everything worked to start with, before i tried the DUO node. Here is a picture of the check switch screen. I am switching it back to the solo node now, just to be safe because of the voltage concern.
View attachment 97943

I never got the check switch on the super joey to complete. It would try to go from 1 - 38 on both tuners and then would reboot and start over again. Also it showed under the whole house as weak mocca in yellow. Tomorrow morning I am hooking up my new solo node I got tonight and hope to be up and working in an hour or so. I am impressed if you got it to work with the dual node. I hope it doesn't burn out because it uses to much energy and isn't supported by DISH.

I'm almost positive you can't run check switch on a super joey
It runs on initial setup.

This sporadic working/not working thing is - I'm sure - part of the reason a duo node isn't supported. It makes sense that if the voltage is incorrect that people are seeing different things.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Exactly. Kinda like back in the day when we had 33 switches, I would see check switch results that said I had a 64 switch in the system. And I meant to say I don't think you can run check switch on the sjoey alone

Reactions: ds2600
Exactly. Kinda like back in the day when we had 33 switches, I would see check switch results that said I had a 64 switch in the system. And I meant to say I don't think you can run check switch on the sjoey alone

That's correct, the point dish /check switch is not available on the SJ. I ran the check switch from the hopper twice. Once when the hopper was up and then again after the SJ came up.

I never got the check switch on the super joey to complete. It would try to go from 1 - 38 on both tuners and then would reboot and start over again. Also it showed under the whole house as weak mocca in yellow. Tomorrow morning I am hooking up my new solo node I got tonight and hope to be up and working in an hour or so. I am impressed if you got it to work with the dual node. I hope it doesn't burn out because it uses to much energy and isn't supported by DISH.

Good luck, let us know how it goes. I went back to the solo node, just to be safe.

Running the 1-38 check means it did not detect a DishPro LNB or switch and is looking for legacy devices.

Just got my replacement solo node all installed. The super joey finally ran it's check switch and I got 4 of 4 with all sats in the matrix. I then completed the steps leading up to authorization step. The biggest problem I did have was getting the techs at DISH to remove my older joey and authorize my super joey. First guy answered and didn't hear me and said he had to hangup. Called back and got the same guy again and he couldn't figure out what to do and just hung up in the middle of the call. The third time an older black guy answered and said he was sorry about the other csr and then said he couldn't authorize my super joey because I had two hoppers on my account. I had turned off one of them last Friday and just sent it off this morning to dishdepot.com for my trade in for the super joey. It also only showed my one hopper and two joeys on my equipment page of my DISH account. Finally he started reading to me that I needed to have all my receivers hooked up to a phone line or I would receive a phone call that would terminate all my receivers that couldn't be verified. I said yes I know all about the Audit police. He then put me on hold and came back and said I needed to read off all my receiver numbers room by room. By now I was pissed off ,but read them all off and he finally authorized my super joey. I can now see all 5 tuners on my hopper. Great products at DISH but their techs and csrs still are some of the crappiest I 've ever dealt with. To top it off I had said I wanted to do their customer survey after the call was over and it called me back and then hung up in my ear too. Great service DISH .:rollingeyes

You can just PM a DIRT member that is online and they can help you out, without needing to call in. They are shown in red under staff online now. I am glad you got it connected and going.

You can just PM a DIRT member that is online and they can help you out, without needing to call in. They are shown in red under staff online now. I am glad you got it connected and going.

THANKS. I know I could of just done a pm to the DIRT team, but I thought it would be easier to do it on the phone and cut out all the typing. But that sure didn't work out right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)