Diplexing

If you connect it directly to the client port, run check switch on the hopper, then it should be good to go

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Really? A SuperJoey connected directly to the client port on a dual node works? And no other wires?

The dual node Host port works but Dish says the node power consumption is more than the SJ supports, that's why the integrator is the only method they allow.

Reactions: TheKrell
As said before there is a concern for a voltage issue if powered from a Duo node. Attached is a diagram which shows how it would be hooked up. There is a possibility of damage to equipment. Thanks to charlesrshell for making the diagram. Connections would be made to Host ports.

Attachments

• HopperDiagram-SuperJoey-DuoNode.pptx.jpg
    HopperDiagram-SuperJoey-DuoNode.pptx.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Here are 2 other optional ways you could possibly have a 2 hopper / 1 SJ system if it were allowed. These were made by and posted by Charesrshell in a different thread. Thanks Charlesrshell.

HopperDiagram-SuperJoey4.jpg HopperDiagram-SuperJoey-3.jpg

I'm going to wait till Wednesday night when my new solo node comes in from dishdepot.com and hook it up right. This is supposed to be the more heat/cold resistant version . I really want to see it in action with the super joey.

I'm not even sure what "I have no idea about that" even means. Are you suggesting that Vivek doesn't know what he's talking about?

I've thought the Super Joey was a receiver in itself. The integrator is used to tie in to the rest of the system to make it's 2 tuners available to the whole system.
I guess I should've checked for voltage output from it on an earlier install today. Anyone know if it does?
To me, this makes sense about running a 3rd line down from the LNBF.

Or its not a supported connection method so maybe testing hasn't been done to validate it? Idk

I don't see why it would cause any issues... Only reason I can see that Dish doesn't want the Duo Node used is cost.

Does the Duo Node require power from both receivers? I wouldn't think so... As for concerns if the Hopper is unplugged... Not very different than if the Hopper were unplugged while the Super Joey were connected directly to the LNB... I highly doubt that the Duo Node needs THAT much extra power... Anyway the solution to that would be don't unplug the Hopper while leaving the Super Joey connected... I still don't think Vivek would've said you can do it if it were an issue.

Does the Duo Node require power from both receivers? I wouldn't think so... As for concerns if the Hopper is unplugged... Not very different than if the Hopper were unplugged while the Super Joey were connected directly to the LNB... I highly doubt that the Duo Node needs THAT much extra power... Anyway the solution to that would be don't unplug the Hopper while leaving the Super Joey connected... I still don't think Vivek would've said you can do it if it were an issue.

According to DISH corporate, yes a Duo Node requires power from both Hoppers for the entire node to fully function. The SJ doesn't provide the same power output as a Hopper, so it will not function properly.

According to DISH corporate, yes a Duo Node requires power from both Hoppers for the entire node to fully function. The SJ doesn't provide the same power output as a Hopper, so it will not function properly.
Yes, that's what they have told us internally when we have asked if it's possible to install it that way.

I tried to connect the super joey to the duo node and use the client port and it did the same thing as before. It showed weak moca in yello to the super joey and the super joey could never do the switch check to get the two tuners to show. It started counting down from 1 to 2 & went from that, to 1- 38 like it couldn't see the satellite to complete the switch check. In short no matter how you try it the dual node is not made for the super joey ,even though I think it should be made to work with it anyway.

I tried to connect the super joey to the duo node and use the client port and it did the same thing as before. It showed weak moca in yello to the super joey and the super joey could never do the switch check to get the two tuners to show. It started counting down from 1 to 2 & went from that, to 1- 38 like it couldn't see the satellite to complete the switch check. In short no matter how you try it the dual node is not made for the super joey ,even though I think it should be made to work with it anyway.

It would need to be connected to Host port, not client. In the video he says to disconnect the 2nd hopper and connect the super Joey and it would ignore the other channel.( would see 2 of the 3 turners that the 2nd hopper did)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts