DirecPC dish (39x23) vs round 30 inch dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ltra

Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
[h=2][/h]
I live in US (zipcode 20876) and would like to get few FTA international channels at Galaxy 19 (97W).

Which dish is better and easy to get good signals?

DirecPC dish (39x23) vs round 30 inch dish

If I use DirectPC dish, what settings should I use for the original LNB (rectangle shape) ? Is it a standard Ku LNB 10750 L.O.?

If I have to buy a new Ku LNB, is this LNB "Spitfire LNB Elite Universal Ku-Band Single .1dB" good? any other LNB suggestions?

Thanks,​

I have a Hughesnet dish that may be similar to your DirecPc. The original lnb that is bolted to the side of the transmit amp works just fine for FTA. It uses L.O. 10750 and has both polarities. It gets 97w and many other sats just fine here in Michigan. Should be ok in Maryland.

01-22-11_1540.jpg

I had a DirecPC dish years ago and it worked real well at rejecting adjacent satellites so it should work fine

It gets 97w and many other sats just fine here in Michigan. Should be ok in Maryland.
That is the difference from all you guys being in the center of the earth and me living on the perimeter of the planet where boats fall over the edge. I always have to add 8 inches to every dish in order to get the same signal.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the replies.

So does it mean DirecPC dish (39x23) is better than round 30 inch dish?

Just want to make sure that the original LNB (pic attached) can be used to get FTA and I don't have to buy a new FTA Ku LNB. Correct?

Thanks for your help.

DirecPC_LNB.jpg

Wow is that small compared to mine in post #3.
I think you may have to take the plastic covers off it and see what is inside. Mine had a tag that stated L.O. was 10750. It will probably work, at least for one polarity.

Thank you for all the replies.

So does it mean DirecPC dish (39x23) is better than round 30 inch dish?

Just want to make sure that the original LNB (pic attached) can be used to get FTA and I don't have to buy a new FTA Ku LNB. Correct?

Thanks for your help.

yes that LNB will work fine...the rectangular one will work for KU. There is a pencil LNB next to it and that is DBS

Here are some bad pics of my DPC dish....the LNB added (closest) was when Expressvu (91W DBS) had the audio channels in the clear. They havent been for a few years now :(

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 298
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 277
yes that LNB will work fine...the rectangular one will work for KU. There is a pencil LNB next to it and that is DBS

Here are some bad pics of my DPC dish....the LNB added (closest) was when Expressvu (91W DBS) had the audio channels in the clear. They havent been for a few years now :(

Thanks for reply.

Iceberg: Do you remember what settings for the LNB? is it "Standard " Ku LNB with 10750 L.O. ?

Can use this dish and LNB to get the vietnamese channels at TP 11966 22000 H ?

yes
If you take that plastic shroud off the back of the LNB (there are like 5 screws) it should be on a red sticker. But it is standard/single and 10750 LNB LO

IceBerg,

I took the plastic cover off the feedhorn and there is a red sticker on the LNB, which had this information:

DirecPC LNB
FSS 11.7 - 12.2 GHz
HNS P/N 1029272-0002 Rev. A
Made in Taiwan

It does NOT mention anything about standard 10750 LNB.....

is it still ok for FTA?

Thanks,

RT,

The picture was taken this time last year.
Only patches of snow this year.
I sold my snowmobiles a few years ago and don't care.
Reason....
1) doesn't snow much anymore.
2) They built houses where trails used to be.
3) I've got older and wiser, therefore don't take chances or do stupid things, therefore not as much fun!

yeah that is fine. Will work with 10750 LO

Tried to use this dish + lnb with PANSAT 2500A receiver but get no signals.

here's info of my location
Latitude = 39.2033, Longitude = -77.2348
Lat = 39 degrees, 12.2 minutes North
Long = 77 degrees, 14.1 minutes West
Pointing a satellite TV dish at the Satellite at 97 West orbit longitude

Dish elevation= 40.2, Azimuth= 219.4 (magnetic compass), Polarisation= 22.5

Polar mounts only: Main angle= 39.9, Downward tilt= 5.5, Motor drive sideways angle= -22.3

- Do I need to till the dish for Polarisation= 22.5?

I saw somewhere mentioned that "It's Linear and can be used for FTA. Horz. and Verical Select with 14/18 V and has a 10750 LO. "

- Does this LNB need voltage? PANSAT 2500A does not have LNB settings for voltage.

helps are appreciated

>> - Do I need to till the dish for Polarisation= 22.5? <<
If you are unable to twist the LNBF in its's holder, it will be necessary to tilt the whole dish.
>> - Does this LNB need voltage? PANSAT 2500A does not have LNB settings for voltage. <<
Yes, it needs voltage. FTA receivers put ~18Vdc on the coax to select Horizontal, and ~14Vdc to select Vertical polarities. As you tilt the dish, it's look angle decreases slightly and also deviates in the direction it's tilted. So the calculated angles probably won't be "right on" but should suffice to begin the search for Q.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)