DirecPC Dish - Wow! Awesome Dish!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Davage

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I had a DirecPC dish given to me. It's the 76cm model. Wow - What a cool dish! I bought a multi-LNB holder that I'm mounting to it. I've been able to get good useable signal from 72 to 101 on the dish in a fixed position :) My plan is to get 97, 87 and 72 all on the same reflector - and it appears as though it is going to work. I just need some warmer dry weather to come along so that I can finish getting the LNBs set up and tweaked. (I'll post pictures after I've got the setup complete)

cool :)

Yeah those DPC dishes are really sweet. Use to have a 37x27 DPC dish and had a few LNB's on it :)

If I can get 72W stable on a 18" dish, surely you can get it on an offset :D

What is the most orbital slots that one can pickup on a satellite? If he can pickup 72 to 97 that is 25 degrees. If that was possible then 72-105 could be possible and 110-148 might be possible as well. Don't the dual reflector dishes make it possible to receive more orbital locations? I have not seen Dish consider using one of those for a while now.

yea, we got that

110-148 might be possible
Our member, NetBuilder, has the 110-148 on a single dish.
All that and 123º G10r at the focal point, too.
edit: and he used a 39"x23" DirecWay Dish.

Not as big a challenge when you're only looking for high powered circular birds.
Getting the spread on linear sats is more of a problem.

Last edited:
What is the most orbital slots that one can pickup on a satellite? If he can pickup 72 to 97 that is 25 degrees. If that was possible then 72-105 could be possible and 110-148 might be possible as well. Don't the dual reflector dishes make it possible to receive more orbital locations? I have not seen Dish consider using one of those for a while now.

if you're using a Toroidal dish (the dual reflector) you can feasibly get 40 degrees. I use to have 72-111.1W on my T90.....and actually added a piece of wood on the arm to get 119 too...the 72-111 was all linear

if you're using a Toroidal dish (the dual reflector) you can feasibly get 40 degrees. I use to have 72-111.1W on my T90.....and actually added a piece of wood on the arm to get 119 too...the 72-111 was all linear

Wow - I guess I did pretty good by getting 72 to 101 on a DirecPC dish :) The Toroidal dish only got 10 more degrees..

The weather has been too darn cold and wet to be able to spend any amount of time the past few days on tweaking the multi-LNB holders to see what the signal qualities will be like. I'll take some pictures and post the signal results after the weather co-operates.

I've got 74 through 119 on my T90 right now for 45 degrees without any mods. Haven't been able to squeeze 72 in quite yet. Best I'd been able to do before now was 82 through 123 for 41 degrees. Just a question of how to skew to squeeze more in but maintain some kind of signal quality. Every time I adjust it it gets better. Could be because of the warmer weather I'm not in such a hurry.

Wouldn't it be nice to get 61.5 to 119 all on one dish? 61.5 to 129 would be even better but that is probably really pushing it. I have several Primestar dishes and an old home school dish that is even bigger and round.

one other consideration

I don't think everyone has the same standards of what's an acceptable signal.

Here in sunny southern California, I have no such thing as rain-fade.
So for me, any signal that doesn't pixelate, is a good signal.
Folks in more challenging areas of the continent might like the strongest signal possible, so they can get through the regular weather variations.

"Just getting a signal" is not good enough for most folks.
So, reports of what satellites a person sees on a multiple-LNB install, I tend to take with a grain of salt, unless backed up by specific numbers.

Wouldn't it be nice to get 61.5 to 119 all on one dish? 61.5 to 129 would be even better but that is probably really pushing it. I have several Primestar dishes and an old home school dish that is even bigger and round.

You could easily cover that range with two torroidals.

I don't think everyone has the same standards of what's an acceptable signal.

"Just getting a signal" is not good enough for most folks.
...especially for us feed hunters...:)

I bought 5 NIB DirecPC systems for a super cheap price a few years ago...they were on eBay and were located in a town about 60 miles away. I threw the modems away but kept the power supplies and LNB's. I took the dishes and built a 3 LNBF multifeed for each one. I was able to just repack them in the original box and resold them on eBay as FTA dishes for a nice profit...then sold the power supplies at a hamfest...:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)