Status
Please reply by conversation.

CharredPC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 21, 2005
Lakebay, WA
While getting high off the adhesive fumes from the guys putting a new membrane roof on my mobile home here, I decided to go for a walk. Three houses down, there's an empty place being sold.... and there's a big black DirecPC dish on the corner of the roof, not hooked up, but looking in decent shape. Yes, my Winegard is due to arrive today, but, well... look at Iceburg's place! He'll tell you that you can never have too many dishes ;)

Looking through the archives here, back in '04 this was discussed and apparently the dish will work great for Ku, and has a standard Ku LNBF. I guess I just want to verify that this model is linear Ku before mounting up something else I'll get b*tched at for :rolleyes:

TIA

CharredPC

Thanks, Iceberg. I figured so, but thought I'd verify.
I might park the DirecPC dish on G10, and use the Winegard/SG2100 for the rest... oh, do all SG2100's come with the pole-mounting hardware (U-bolts, etc)? Mine comes with a wall/roof mount, but I think there's quite enough holes in this place. Also a pole would let me gain a few feet and truly get above the local surroundings (pretty much everything within a square quarter mile is 1-story; gotta love it!)

CharredPC said:
Thanks, Iceberg. I figured so, but thought I'd verify.
I might park the DirecPC dish on G10, and use the Winegard/SG2100 for the rest...
Thats what I do :)
oh, do all SG2100's come with the pole-mounting hardware (U-bolts, etc)?
it should...
Mine comes with a wall/roof mount, but I think there's quite enough holes in this place. Also a pole would let me gain a few feet and truly get above the local surroundings (pretty much everything within a square quarter mile is 1-story; gotta love it!)
with my setup, I'm pretty lucky
no trees
and with it on the back, I can get it high enough to clear everything

I think i have found myself a directpc dish (along with a c/ku feedhorn for my BUD :) ). I have to go look at it on saturday and see just what equipment this person has, as they are fairly clueless about sat. equipment.

Since I already have 1 dish pointed at g10, I think I'll point this one at amc4, since it seems to have the best english language KU FTA after g10. If you folks had to pick a sat. to aim a fixed KU dish at besides g10, what would you pick?

Pas 9 during the summer......then over to G3C in the winter : )

I hate playing the waiting game.

The SG2100 arrived... but the Winegard 31" hasn't yet.
I got ahold of the real estate agent handling the empty house down the way, the one that has the DirecPC dish on it; now I'm waiting for a return "OK" call from the owner.
The roof got 98% finished yesterday, but then it was quarter to 5pm, so they stopped for the day. They're coming back this morning to finish the job... if this rain doesn't stop them.

I was going to put a pole up mounted off the corner of my swamp cooler, but now that the SG2100 has arrived, and I see how it mounts, I'm thinking I might be able to use the existing OTA TV arial pole. I'd just have to make sure to mount it fairly low, so that it doesn't bend or blow in the wind. What do you think?

mountspot.jpg

God I hate my digital camera (Kodak DX3700). I replaced the last one (some cheap 1MB no-flash job) becuase there had to be a nuclear explosion going on a few feet away to have enough light for a picture. Now this one is allergic to light; beautiful pictures at night, or in a dark room. Can't do anything but whitewashed bluish garbage during the day outside. The above had to be adjusted just to make out the antenna :mad: ... and it's even cloudy today! I guess my skyline pictures will have to wait until dusk...

PSB said:
hey psb i agree PAS 9 is great for baseball and latin music , but i am really looking for programming the whole family will enjoy, not just me ;)

What interesting stuff is on g3c in the winter? All i see on Lyngsat is a BUNCH of feeds, and cctv which i already get c-band.

PSB said:

I agree...G3 in the winter (NoDak Hockey)
in the fall for sports, SBS6 or AMC9...most sports

Otherwise a general one is IA6 for news feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)