Direct Billing to Credit Card?

apcaruso

Original poster
Nov 15, 2004
Hi,

I'm considering ordering VOOM with their new promotional offer. I'ver noticed a lot of complaints of erroneous billing to customers credit cards. I generally don't agree to automatic credit card bill payment for the hassle of dealing with erroneous billing as has been described. It is much easier to work out these issues when they don't have your money yet.

Does VOOM force you to make monthly payments via automatic credit card deduction?

Thanks.

They send out a paper bill and if you get your check to them in time, they will not bill your card.

if you see the offer it gives you a choice to receive a paper bill, i gave them a card but it expires the end of november, im not worried

billing

tell them that u want to pay by mail, tell them you have seen these forums and no way there getting your card number and if they want you as a customer they will accept pay by mail. thats what i did and it worked! and if for some reason it doesnt all you gotta do is call back and go the credit card route if u wish!

I am disconnecting because of the huge cc hassle. If you want to rent your box, they will not accept checks or send you a paper bill, at least for me. All I can say is BEWARE because it is just not worth the huge hassle I have been through. Even after I say cancel, they continue to bill you, and I am currently on my second attempt to get them to come and get the box out of my house. They claim I will owe them the money until the box is removed, continue to bill me, and don't come to get it, etc.

I would highly recommend that you make every attempt not to give them your credit card number.

I get a paper bill before my cc is charged. This has been the norm from the beginning for me. I know others get paper bills as well. There are some who have opted to pay by check. So it is possible but there are some that had problems as well with the billing.

Sean,
May I use your name when I speak with VOOM. They insist that unless you OWN the box, you may not pay by mail. They have NEVER sent me a paper bill. I have requested this over 10 times. May I use you as an example of someone who gets a paper bill to PROVE that they do it.

If anyone else on this forum actually gets a paper bill, I would like to know about it because VOOM denies sending them unless you OWN the box.

I also lease my box and get a paper bill. If fact, Voom does not have a valid credit card number of mine.

Ti-maniac said:
because VOOM denies sending them unless you OWN the box.
I don't think Voom has any rules etched in stone that they won't waiver from. I'm sure they would tell you that they must have cc # too, and they won't let you pay by check, and blah blah blah. They're just really unorganized and I don't think one hand knows what the other is doing.

Ti-maniac said:
Sean,
May I use your name when I speak with VOOM. They insist that unless you OWN the box, you may not pay by mail. They have NEVER sent me a paper bill. I have requested this over 10 times. May I use you as an example of someone who gets a paper bill to PROVE that they do it.

If anyone else on this forum actually gets a paper bill, I would like to know about it because VOOM denies sending them unless you OWN the box.

Sure you can... But I agree with TheTimm when he says that it looks like there is a disorganization in what CSRs know and what can do for customers.

Sean Mota said:
Sure you can... But I agree with TheTimm when he says that it looks like there is a disorganization in what CSRs know and what can do for customers.

New information...

First new history...
First disconnect was supposed to occur on Tues. Nov. 16. The de-installer never showed up. I did call and mention Sean and his paper invoice. The VOOM CSR said that they would not be able to comment on another customer's file. I gave up and scheduled the second de-install.

Second disconnect was supposed to occur yesterday, Mon. Nov. 29. The de-installer did not show up again. Voom started charging me again since the 16th after repeated calls from me to terminate my service.

Amazing thing happened...
Today I received the FIRST invoice by MAIL!!!! but for services from the 20th of November.

So it appears, after 6 months of battling with VOOM, that they finally sent me a paper invoice, as a rental customer! Joy!

What should I do now? Request a credit from the 20th? Do nothing and just enjoy VOOM? Probably the latter!

If it wasn't so frustrating to deal with this company, it'd be hilarious. So funny I could scream :rolleyes: . No wonder we end up with threads screaming about Voom lying.

Doing nothing and enjoying Voom sure seems like the wise thing to do, but damn -- I'd sure wanna crack skulls! But I'm still Voomin', so obviously I've resisted the urge over and over and. . .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts