Direct NFL SUNDAY TICKET channels help needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Richard Fuller

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 31, 2003
I was scheduled for hdtv hook up earlier this week but installer said I could'nt because of trees in the way with my dish mounted on the back of the house. If the dish was moved to the front then another tree would be in the way. All I really care about are the NFL SUNDAY TICKET games not the others I think they will all be on the 101 sat which is the A sat am I right??? Can I mount a single lnb dish in the middle of the roof area and use a sat C kit with it later on and run it to the multis-switch to get the channels like HD Net and Directc 's other HD channels??

But don't you need a tripl LNB dish for HD programming including football ? I don't understand how you could receive a signal from sat 101 but not 110 & 119 ? Aren't they like right next to each other in the same direction in the sky ?

Yeah the satellites are right next to each other I thought it would be simply to just get the sat C kit and a high definition recieiver and I would be set. Three different installers said the same thing. I looked and some info on which bird the Sunday NFL Sunday TIcket were on and I think it's 101 so I wondering could I just buy and hook up a HD receiver since the games are on the 101 satelite would this work??

My understanding is that the SD NFL-ST games are on 101, but the HD games can end up anywhere.

Sat C will get you Discovery HD, HDnet Movies, ESPN, and Showtime HD.

I do not think Directv knows what bird the HD NFL will be on. Depending on this you may or not get it. If they are on 119 (with HBO HD, HDNet), you will not got them.

I would get the three LNB dish either way, mount it on your roof or wherever, and do a good job of setting the skew and elevation and aim it, I have a huge maple in the way of my 119 sat and it comes in at about 93-96 %, I thought for sure i would not get it at all with the tree, but it comes in great.

ckudrna said:
I do not think Directv knows what bird the HD NFL will be on.

This page on NFL-ST/HD http://www.directvsports.com/Subscriptions/NFLSundayTicket/Enhancements/

Says: To access DIRECTV High-Definition programming, a triple LNB Multi-Satellite dish antenna, along with a DIRECTV HD Receiver and High-Definition television equipment, is required. HD game schedule is subject to change.

So to play it safe I think you need to get tha phase III dish up and working.

We are aware that the HD games will require at least one of the HD sats.

The question is which bird, 110 or 119?

Since no one really knows what bird it will be on, you would be best off getting the three LNB dish with the ability to fine tune for at least two of the birds, if a tree is in the way you can still get 110, etc. When I was tuning a dish i had the skew way off and only got A and C. That may be all you need for the NFL, no one knows.

With the sat C kit you will not be able to pick up 110, Sat C is 119. If the games are on 110, you will be SOL.

Yes, you need the 3 lnb dish, but you do not nesacassarly need to pick up all three sats.

Currently they are displaying 70 as CBS NFL HD and 71 as Fox NFL HD, but LyngSAT can be wrong and this certainly does not cover the 6 games a week. It is likely they will be broadcast across all three to accommodate the bandwidth requirements.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts