Direct reciever for RV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

waistntime

Original poster
Dec 7, 2004
I"m new to the RV world. I have Direct at home, can I use one of my recievers for 3-4 day weekend get aways with an old dish?

Ya, don't plug it into a phone line, it can dial out and say you moved. You may not get your local channels.

Ya, don't plug it into a phone line, it can dial out and say you moved. You may not get your local channels.

How many land based phone lines have you seen in RV's?

Seriously, even if you did plug it in to a phone line for some odd reason. you act as if D* is going to send the satellite police to you.

They allow you to take a receiver with you for those weekend getaways.

Best bet is to get an 18" dish (if the RV does not have a built in one) and take it and a standard receiver with you. It is the easiest way to do it, but if you only have HD, don't worry, you can still run it to a standard dish if it want to keep it simple. You just need to tell it to show standard def.

Guys, the majority of your coaches have Phone line set ups in them when you get them.

Many of the resorts you go to (more than a month at a time) offer phone lines at the parks.

That said, with cell phones, not much need anymore.

I have a SL3 and a HR recvr in the Coach ...

But, yes you could use as simple as an old 18" dish and SD recvr.
Also, you don't need to tell D* to change to SD, just change it in the Menu settings, it beats calling them back up to change back to HD once you get home.

Yeah, I am aware that these are available and many of you high dollar coaches have them, however, many people no longer use them.

That being said, the whole point was most people never would hook a receiver up to a phone line in an RV unless they were a PPV viewer and even if they did, it isn't like the Direct Tv Gestapo will show up at your door to reclaim equipment.

Yeah, I am aware that these are available and many of you high dollar coaches have them, however, many people no longer use them.

That being said, the whole point was most people never would hook a receiver up to a phone line in an RV unless they were a PPV viewer and even if they did, it isn't like the Direct Tv Gestapo will show up at your door to reclaim equipment.

True and True :)

D*'s not following you around to see what you MIGHT decide to do.

In the main place I go to, I would guess at LEAST 50 % have D*, even though the park gives you Cable for free.

Thanks for all the info. Now that I know the D* PoPo won't be around the corner I ca enjoy watching more than old movies when it's raining.

True and True :)

D*'s not following you around to see what you MIGHT decide to do.

In the main place I go to, I would guess at LEAST 50 % have D*, even though the park gives you Cable for free.
On slightly different note (sorry to hijack the thread)......currently we have an sd receiver and will be upgrading to hd. For a few weeks we will have both receivers on the account. Question, can I take my old (still activated) receiver to my Parents winter house and use their 18" dish for service for a week or so in April? They have service there while they winter but take their receiver back to MI when they come North for the spring. Does that make sence? I think that it should work but not sure if D* would frown on it.

Thanks!!

The standard receiver will work without having to do anything different unless it is set up on a SWM dish but from what you told us, it is not.

You may however, not have any locals.

As stated earlier, D* does not frown on taking a receiver on vacation.
Even if they did, they would not know.

I'm envisioning a Monty Python like entrance with a bunch of guys in blue shirts and white gloves exclaiming "no one expects the Directv police!" :eek: :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts