Direct Tech

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
I called D* regarding my installation and they told me it had been assigned to Direct Tech.......when I asked for a name or phone number, etc......they told me they correspond by email and can't give me any other information. They told me I'd just have to wait until they called me.......so do you guys know Direct Tech, who are they? any info at all would be helpful. Thanks, Pat

Pat said:
I called D* regarding my installation and they told me it had been assigned to Direct Tech.......when I asked for a name or phone number, etc......they told me they correspond by email and can't give me any other information. They told me I'd just have to wait until they called me.......so do you guys know Direct Tech, who are they? any info at all would be helpful. Thanks, Pat

They did my locals install. I was not impressed at all. Took them 3 attempts to actually GET here. When the guy finally showed up, it took hime 3 hours to do something that should have taken 1.

I should also add that their install just went fubar last night and they are coming back Fri to fix it.

We shall see.

Exactly what I was afraid of.........add that to my living way out in the boonies and it will be a fiasco........D* said I would hear from them in no more than 72 hours and I responded "well when 72 hours is up, I'll be back on the phone to you because I'll guarantee I won't hear from them"............and that's what I'll do. I refuse to take time off from work to watch them screw things up when we can do it ourselves.

Pat said:
I refuse to take time off from work to watch them screw things up when we can do it ourselves.

So, why not just do it yourself? Atleast you know what has been done and you can do it the way you want to. It is actually really easy to do.

well.......because D* told me I couldn't.......that they had to install it.......however, a CSR in retention told me to just call the installer and tell them I wanted to do it and get the equipment......then someone here said that would probably work fine as long as I signed off for the installer..........HOWEVER>>>>>>>I can't get in contact with the installer until THEY call me.........D* won't tell me how to.......said I had to wait.

correct charper.....D* refuses to provide me with their phone number or any contact information, I've tried twice. I've been told I have to wait to be contacted by them in 72 hours..........I asked them if they didn't know the phone # how did they get in touch with them......the CSR said everything is done via email......so I asked for their email address........again she refused me. I guess I could call the number you gave me, although I don't want to sound too silly if its not them.........as I said before I guess I"ll just wait the 72 hours and call back D* and complain......48 hours have gone by with nothing. I'll keep you all posted about this company however.......

this is the number D* just gave me...........said this is the national installer...866-238-4993.....don't know why they wouldn't tell me the other day!?!?!?!

and the saga continues...........it took me three days to finally get through to Directech......I don't have alot of patience for a message that says "there are currently 10 calls before yours"............and then there were many times when I couldn't even get to that message, the computer just kept cycling to the "thank you for calling Directech" message.....I finally got through last night (only 5 calls in front of mine so I held on).....a very hassled CSR answered and said "sorry, the computer says no installation dates available" !?!?!?!? so she puts me on hold for 3 minutes comes back and says "please call the local company yourself....gives me a number(not really local 300 miles away!!!) that isn't even toll free............so I'll be trying that today.........I'll keep you posted, but right now Directech is not high on my list for good customer service.....and D* is headed downhill fast.

we're in northern maine(I mean Aroostook County) and they are telling us the nearest installer is in Bangor (2 1/2 hours south of us).....I think that may be the issue....of course no one wants to come all the way up here.......we just want the equipment, we are perfectly capable of installing it ourselves.........this is nuts......

I worked for them

They are a terrible company to work for. I would suggest that you try to work along side the installer to make sure you get a professional install.

well just to update you.........when I finally got things all straighten out with D*, the Maine part of Directech (Starr Satellite) got in touch with me right away and they did the install yesterday......Chris, someone that installs in my part of the world, was GREAT(although he did show up 2 hours late) he worked with us until it was done, he had trouble getting the 119 satellite and had to move the dish to the PEAK of our roof(3 stories up).....he did a professional job, even though it screwed up most of his day........nothing but good things to say about him......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts