Direct TV 3LNB Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

faaslave

Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
I have had Direct TV for quite some time now and they have a major problem here in Santa Clarita, Ca. I have all the channels using a 3 lNB dish. The problem is getting all of the channels. The only way to get all the channels, is too set the dish up so that the A channels come in weak, using their prescribed tilt, azimuth, etc. The problem is I always start losing transponders 23 and 25, just a couple with some good channels on them. I can change the tilt from 101 to about 94 and get the A Channels great but lose the B & C LNB's. What a bunch of crap. Don't they have a system where all the channels come in great? Why not 2 dishes if that is what they need. I thought it might be the equipment, but I replaced it all and the same problem. Direct TV says that there is nothing they can do. So the bottom line is, to get all the channels, you must poorly tune in A, so B & C work. This is Lame, but I am a slave to the NFL ticket, so i will have to put up with it. :mad:

Did you have Directv install this? If so get them back out to fix. They're coming tomorrow to replace my triple LNB dish due to rain fade when it is raining very lightly.

Is your mast plumb? If so, try a zip code for a town close to you, and see if the receiver gives you the same info.

Tried That

They have been to my house 3 times, and replaced the equipment twice. Either no one in southern California knows what they are doing, or I am having really bad luck with faulty dishes. Does anyone get all the LNB's to come in really well?

To get good signal strength on the extra 2 in my area the signal strength usually only gets up to 85ish on the main one.

That's the problem

Exactly the problem, except I have to tune mine so the A channels like 23 and 25 are barely in the 60's. Then they start to flake. This does not seem like a good system. Instead of having all your channels come in great, you must lower the signal on your A channels from the 90's down to the 60's, then enjoy your new channels. What bozo thought of this?

Thanks for your input

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)