Direct TV Advocated Lying About Need Of Phone-Line

Status
Please reply by conversation.
stevo/65 said:
Phone lines in for free, you are a funny guy.:D
If you are in the retail side of buisness, then you are lying about paycuts.
You are probably getting chargebacks (not paycuts) due to having poor installers, (no good tec puts phones in for free).:D
You also sound like one of those retailers who lie to customers.:eek:
You being on the dishnet side still does not require phone lines for the 311 recievers.Thank goodness for your technicians sake (poor bast#$ds).
I myself install for dishnetwork and the retailer i put dish in for, tells the customer the truth from the start. If phone lines are needed the customer will pay for it. If customer has cell phone house ,then they will pay the $5/mo fee for each dual tuner.
I also use to work for MASTEC ,and they are notorious for lying. and not paying their employees on time (if they decide to pay). They will also find ways for bogus chargebacks.:mad:

If you truly believe in what you say, then as a customer i would be concerned about doing buisness with you.:eek:
Knowing how you treat your techs, me being a tech, definately would not waste my time with you.:p[/
I have worked for and HSP and curently work for a retailer..Here's the deal..HSP and DTV company techs cannot charge for the phone lines..DTV considers them to be part of the job.....Retailers however have more latitude here..We can and do charge for the hardwire phone line install....
Again, this is the main reason why i won't work for an HSP or DTV istself....My contention is that we are not telco techs..WE are satellite techs..DTV has IMO decided on their own thta techs are to be telco installers as well..IMO this is extra work and should be compensated..If the cust wanted a hd wire phone line installed by their local telco the cost would be much more thna what we charge..The cust is getting a very good deal even when they are charged by the retailer..

I hope the IBEW blankets all HSP's and RSP's, so that the Tech can make a great living!!! Here is the latest!!!

Florida Satellite Dish Installers Campaign
for Union Vote
May 3, 2006​

A group of Tampa-area technicians fed up with dismal treatment by their employer has launched a fast-moving campaign for representation by the IBEW.
Over the space of three days, the unit of approximately 120 employees of MasTec/Advanced Technologies collected nearly 100 signed authorization cards, and they’re still flowing in, Lead Florida Organizer Carmella Cruse reports. The IBEW will file this week for an NLRB election, which is expected to occur by mid- to late June.

On May 3, Cruse and several organizers joined MasTec workers before their shifts as DirecTV installers, warehouse and clerical employees at a company parking lot. Once company officials got wind of the card-signing effort, they called police and forced organizers off the property. Cruse moved a block up the street to another parking lot and “forty-some trucks followed us.”

“We have seen this morning a solidarity that I haven’t seen in a long, long time,” Cruse said. “This group decided it was going to come together and do this. It’s awesome”

The highly motivated workers targeted the IBEW after growing increasingly disgusted by, among other things, mounting pay deductions for work-related expenses. The company is forcing its workers to pay for small parts used to install the satellite television dishes, back-charging them for shoddy equipment that breaks down and assessing technicians a weekly rental fee for driving company trucks.

“By the time they get their paychecks, they have dwindled down to practically nothing,” Cruse said.

The company also refuses to fairly compensate the workers for overtime, instead paying them $3, and not a mere $3 an hour. Just $3 -- regardless of how long the overtime lasts.

Employees also tell of a standard practice that consumers will find alarming. According to several employees in different units, MasTec has placed its technicians in the awkward position of either lying to customers about the necessity of telephone hook-ups for satellite reception, or face more pay deductions for failing to secure the telephone service, which is not necessary for satellite service.

MasTec employees in Orlando became so fed up with the practice that it went to the media. “Tell the customer whatever you have to tell them,” Orlando technician Frank Martinez told television station WKMG. “Tell them if these phone lines are not connected, the receiver will blow up. We’ve been told to say that.”

Tampa’s Brandon Kerr, a lead technician, said insulting new directives come down from management weekly. Kerr, who had previously had no experience with unions, said workers have until now just grumbled and taken the poor treatment.

Now, he said his cell phone has been ringing off the hook, with fellow employees calling to thank him for helping launch the organizing campaign.

“This company has taught me if they want to treat me like a beggar, you need someone to beg for you,” Kerr said.

Tampa may only be the beginning, Cruse said. Next is the 100-worker unit in Orlando. Beyond that, Miami and Fort Myers could follow, as well as a unit in South Carolina. Its Web site identifies MasTec as the largest nationwide installer for satellite TV.

Doctor Bob said:
Union, mmmmm, Yes, that would be a Fantastic Idea... that would force the issue of low pay, and get the price of the installation back up where it should be!!! It would also increase the cost of the overall system.

This would also improve the cash flow, in the Little Guy's pocket, so he will spend more, which is good for the economy...

That seems like a Win / Win situation to me!!! Kick it up a noch...
I have to disagree. IMO union representation of anyone in this business is a bad idea..A union would simply give the already lazy assed installers an easier way to keep their jobs..Additionally, the cost to the customer would rise dramtically..Remember this, back in the days of $250 single receiver installs the custs were buying their eq...These were" died in the wool gotta have it no matter the cost" customers....But back then DTV and Dish penetration was minimal. Each company had to find a way to get their product out on the market..The introduced special deals on EQ and installs..The money came out of the installers and retailers pockets....It's their game and they can make thier own rules...
SO by the the statement "get the price of an installation back up where it should be" you mean pay rates near or at the levels of the early days..If so, I can see alot of lost jobs....People would take one look at the cost of an install and say "what's the number to the cable company?"

Doctor Bob said:
I hope the IBEW blankets all HSP's and RSP's, so that the Tech can make a great living!!! Here is the latest!!!

Florida Satellite Dish Installers Campaign
for Union Vote
May 3, 2006​

A group of Tampa-area technicians fed up with dismal treatment by their employer has launched a fast-moving campaign for representation by the IBEW.
Over the space of three days, the unit of approximately 120 employees of MasTec/Advanced Technologies collected nearly 100 signed authorization cards, and they’re still flowing in, Lead Florida Organizer Carmella Cruse reports. The IBEW will file this week for an NLRB election, which is expected to occur by mid- to late June.

On May 3, Cruse and several organizers joined MasTec workers before their shifts as DirecTV installers, warehouse and clerical employees at a company parking lot. Once company officials got wind of the card-signing effort, they called police and forced organizers off the property. Cruse moved a block up the street to another parking lot and “forty-some trucks followed us.”

“We have seen this morning a solidarity that I haven’t seen in a long, long time,” Cruse said. “This group decided it was going to come together and do this. It’s awesome”

The highly motivated workers targeted the IBEW after growing increasingly disgusted by, among other things, mounting pay deductions for work-related expenses. The company is forcing its workers to pay for small parts used to install the satellite television dishes, back-charging them for shoddy equipment that breaks down and assessing technicians a weekly rental fee for driving company trucks.

“By the time they get their paychecks, they have dwindled down to practically nothing,” Cruse said.

The company also refuses to fairly compensate the workers for overtime, instead paying them $3, and not a mere $3 an hour. Just $3 -- regardless of how long the overtime lasts.

Employees also tell of a standard practice that consumers will find alarming. According to several employees in different units, MasTec has placed its technicians in the awkward position of either lying to customers about the necessity of telephone hook-ups for satellite reception, or face more pay deductions for failing to secure the telephone service, which is not necessary for satellite service.

MasTec employees in Orlando became so fed up with the practice that it went to the media. “Tell the customer whatever you have to tell them,” Orlando technician Frank Martinez told television station WKMG. “Tell them if these phone lines are not connected, the receiver will blow up. We’ve been told to say that.”

Tampa’s Brandon Kerr, a lead technician, said insulting new directives come down from management weekly. Kerr, who had previously had no experience with unions, said workers have until now just grumbled and taken the poor treatment.

Now, he said his cell phone has been ringing off the hook, with fellow employees calling to thank him for helping launch the organizing campaign.

“This company has taught me if they want to treat me like a beggar, you need someone to beg for you,” Kerr said.

Tampa may only be the beginning, Cruse said. Next is the 100-worker unit in Orlando. Beyond that, Miami and Fort Myers could follow, as well as a unit in South Carolina. Its Web site identifies MasTec as the largest nationwide installer for satellite TV.

This sounds like a rosy picture..Getting union representation for the workers..Trust me it is a long shot....
Here are my reasons for this being a bad idea.
Assuming all costs borne by the company would be passed along to he consumer, union wages would significantly drive the cost of installs and service to levels that would make DTV unattractive to the avg consumer....

Union work rules designed to protect jobs rather than to increase productivity and quality would give rise to worker inattentiveness to productivity and breed "clock watching"....

With the nationwide anti union sentiment and decreasing union membership, unionization of the MAsTec employees is unlikely..MasTec would most likely see the union as a threat and simply terminate all employees just to keep the union out..Remember, under many state "right to work laws' as well as "employer at will laws" the company is under no legal obligation to keep the employees let alone bargain with a union.. This would make unionization a difficult task....

Those workers all have a choice. they can work under the conditions they agreed to when they took the job or they can simply terminate their status as employee and move on....

That may sound harsh and insensitive..I am looking at the big picture here..If unions get their foot in the door the entire industry would take a huge hit..Satellite TV is not a necessity...If the workers by some miracle unionize, IMO the costs would skyrocket.....only the very rich or very desperate or the noncabled would get the service..That would mean a lot less work to go around..
If what you say about MAsTec's practices are true, I agree they are a poor employer..But again, the employees have a a choice..

dishcomm said:
This sounds like a rosy picture..Getting union representation for the workers..Trust me it is a long shot....
Here are my reasons for this being a bad idea.
Assuming all costs borne by the company would be passed along to he consumer, union wages would significantly drive the cost of installs and service to levels that would make DTV unattractive to the avg consumer....

Union work rules designed to protect jobs rather than to increase productivity and quality would give rise to worker inattentiveness to productivity and breed "clock watching"....

With the nationwide anti union sentiment and decreasing union membership, unionization of the MAsTec employees is unlikely..MasTec would most likely see the union as a threat and simply terminate all employees just to keep the union out..Remember, under many state "right to work laws' as well as "employer at will laws" the company is under no legal obligation to keep the employees let alone bargain with a union.. This would make unionization a difficult task....

Those workers all have a choice. they can work under the conditions they agreed to when they took the job or they can simply terminate their status as employee and move on....

That may sound harsh and insensitive..I am looking at the big picture here..If unions get their foot in the door the entire industry would take a huge hit..Satellite TV is not a necessity...If the workers by some miracle unionize, IMO the costs would skyrocket.....only the very rich or very desperate or the noncabled would get the service..That would mean a lot less work to go around..
If what you say about MAsTec's practices are true, I agree they are a poor employer..But again, the employees have a a choice..

I can see hourly and union being a problem, it has always been a problem with the auto industry.
Now if you are making money per job , a union could work. It would also force quality control to take out the lazy good for nothing non sbca certified techs outta here, if they fail QC`s the union will cut them off. But in return the Union would make sure you are paid respectfully. and no more slave labor tactics.
Also D* and E* would need to agree with a union. to be able to force HSP/DNS to hire union sbca certified techs only. D* and E* pay HSP/DNS good money for installs right now but tech only sees a fraction of it. and you and i know it is getting less then that very quickly. Also working for free never appeals to anyone , other than the people who want you to.
But i am like you , i no longer work for HSP or even DNS contractors anymore. Until i see it getting better for Techs like me and you. But you and i know it aint gonna happen anytime soon , if ever. Looks like for now HSP is going the way of communism.:mad: And D* is letting them because they know they can get away with it for now.:mad:
So we the installers lose big time.:mad:
Directv is trying to make up for their shortcommings by not having a 2 way system and allowing slave labor tactics communism enforced by HSP (MASTEC) and others like them.
That is why i do not see a union forming without the help of congress.
Congress, now there is another bunch of crooked bast*rds. A strong union will need to grease their pockets before they even consider it.:mad:
What is the odds that D* and E* will have more money to grease.:mad:

Last edited:
Well I did some more talking with a couple insiders at Apex and a Team Leader at Premier. Seems there not taking this phone line BS from D* very well either and it boils down to this. It sounds like D* CSR's are ignoring techs and activate the PPV function on the receiver even if the tech tells the CSR that the receiver isn't hooked up therefore causing the non responders.

There new tactic around this is to log all receivers that they don't hook phone lines up to and while still having the CSR on the line while checking the channels to be sure to locals came in or that they have the right channels, they try to order a PPV if it goes through they refuse to disconnect the call or keep calling back till a CSR takes the PPV authorization off the smart card. Supposedly this prevents a non responder and keeps the tech from getting dinged for it. After talking with the Team Lead a little more it sounds like D* dings the HSP for the non responder because the receiver could have unpaid for PPV's on it.

I'll let you know if this works when I get my next non responder report. That could be awhile.

TheDishNetworkInstaller said:
Well I did some more talking with a couple insiders at Apex and a Team Leader at Premier. Seems there not taking this phone line BS from D* very well either and it boils down to this. It sounds like D* CSR's are ignoring techs and activate the PPV function on the receiver even if the tech tells the CSR that the receiver isn't hooked up therefore causing the non responders.

There new tactic around this is to log all receivers that they don't hook phone lines up to and while still having the CSR on the line while checking the channels to be sure to locals came in or that they have the right channels, they try to order a PPV if it goes through they refuse to disconnect the call or keep calling back till a CSR takes the PPV authorization off the smart card. Supposedly this prevents a non responder and keeps the tech from getting dinged for it. After talking with the Team Lead a little more it sounds like D* dings the HSP for the non responder because the receiver could have unpaid for PPV's on it.

I'll let you know if this works when I get my next non responder report. That could be awhile.

Good Idea, if it works :up

stevo/65 said:
I can see hourly and union being a problem, it has always been a problem with the auto industry.
Now if you are making money per job , a union could work. It would also force quality control to take out the lazy good for nothing non sbca certified techs outta here, if they fail QC`s the union will cut them off. But in return the Union would make sure you are paid respectfully. and no more slave labor tactics.
Also D* and E* would need to agree with a union. to be able to force HSP/DNS to hire union sbca certified techs only. D* and E* pay HSP/DNS good money for installs right now but tech only sees a fraction of it. and you and i know it is getting less then that very quickly. Also working for free never appeals to anyone , other than the people who want you to.
But i am like you , i no longer work for HSP or even DNS contractors anymore. Until i see it getting better for Techs like me and you. But you and i know it aint gonna happen anytime soon , if ever. Looks like for now HSP is going the way of communism.:mad: And D* is letting them because they know they can get away with it for now.:mad:
So we the installers lose big time.:mad:
Directv is trying to make up for their shortcommings by not having a 2 way system and allowing slave labor tactics communism enforced by HSP (MASTEC) and others like them.
That is why i do not see a union forming without the help of congress.
Congress, now there is another bunch of crooked bast*rds. A strong union will need to grease their pockets before they even consider it.:mad:
What is the odds that D* and E* will have more money to grease.:mad:

AT this point,it's a wait and see thing with the FL techs..If they are successful in unionizing the MasTec operation there may be a ripple effect....

I do not know if any of Mastec's facilities across the country are union shops.....If they aren't I can see perhaps mastec seeing the union as threat to their bottm line and simply pulling out of FL..Sort of like what Wal Mart did in Maryland....
We'll see.

Last edited:
dishcomm said:
SO by the the statement "get the price of an installation back up where it should be" you mean pay rates near or at the levels of the early days..If so, I can see alot of lost jobs....People would take one look at the cost of an install and say "what's the number to the cable company?"

I doubt that, but hey there are very few cable company areas, that have the quality picture, as well as consistency that the Satellite Systems have.

Just because Charlie and Eddie decided to get into a hissy fit, to be # 1, doesn't mean they did the smart thing. In fact, most of their stock holders, of which I was one, are not happy about them giving away the farm!!!

So if the consumer doesn't want to pay for what they get, fine, let them start putting up the old VHF Antennas... LET THE SNOW BEGIN... RONTGLMAO....

I guess, by what you are saying, and they way you are saying it, that you are either (1) Flat broke, and don't have a job that pays more than $12.00 per hr. or (2) You are filthy rich, and don't think "those lazy assed installers" should make more than McDonalds wages... In either case, the install price should go up and be paid by the consumer, or let them install their own!!!

By the way, are you one of those folks who thinks that the Automotive Industry should be giving away cars, and all we have to do is put oil and gas in them???

There has to be something wrong with the "Mentality" that everything should be free, and that Businesses shouldn't be allowed to make a profit!!!

BTW, who the hell is going to pay your wages, if you or your company gives away all the product???

Go Union!!

Last edited:
Well GM is actually losing $1200 per car sold due to the union pension plan that is bankrupting GM and many other companies. I guess you think that the company will just eat the cost and not pass to the consumer. Because if the were to unionize and just pass it to the customer their will be alot of layoffs due to the increased cost. I guess being unionized and getting the higher benefits is is OK even though they may be unemployeed!

GM is not going broke, because of the Unions!!! Look closely at the salarys for the top 500 Managers and you won't have any problem, understanding why GM is going broke!!! And this has been going on for how many years now???

You better think about who the "RICH" really are, before you start spreading false press!!! RONTGLMAO.....

BTW, Welcome to the Forum!!!

Well when you look @ the definition of who the rich really are most of those UNION members of the car companies are considered RICH by the democrats.

And thanks for the welcome

Doctor Bob said:
I doubt that, but hey there are very few cable company areas, that have the quality picture, as well as consistency that the Satellite Systems have.

Just because Charlie and Eddie decided to get into a hissy fit, to be # 1, doesn't mean they did the smart thing. In fact, most of their stock holders, of which I was one, are not happy about them giving away the farm!!!

So if the consumer doesn't want to pay for what they get, fine, let them start putting up the old VHF Antennas... LET THE SNOW BEGIN... RONTGLMAO....

I guess, by what you are saying, and they way you are saying it, that you are either (1) Flat broke, and don't have a job that pays more than $12.00 per hr. or (2) You are filthy rich, and don't think "those lazy assed installers" should make more than McDonalds wages... In either case, the install price should go up and be paid by the consumer, or let them install their own!!!

By the way, are you one of those folks who thinks that the Automotive Industry should be giving away cars, and all we have to do is put oil and gas in them???

There has to be something wrong with the "Mentality" that everything should be free, and that Businesses shouldn't be allowed to make a profit!!!

BTW, who the hell is going to pay your wages, if you or your company gives away all the product???

Go Union!!

Genius.....I didn't want to start anything here...It's not that type of forum..
But since you opened the door...

I am gainfully employed and make a pretty decent living installing and fixing satellite systems..I could make more if wanted to work a lot of hours but I don't want to ....
I work on a profit motive......ONLY........If I work I get paid.....However there are certain aspects of the job that are not under my control...My only recourse is to choose another profession..And that's the way it should be..And if you are thinking that just because we are doing work for billionaires we are entitled to some of that $$ you are sorely mistaken...

I am not rich..But that is my goal.... or as close to rich as possible...

I believe there are inequities...Dish for example should be paying us for wall fishes pole mounts etc...they are not and prohibit us from charging the customer..Dish used to pay but small pct of techs abused the system and Dish dumped the payouts...Their choice...I don't like the idea that customers get almost everything for free..even extra work...The problem is the boundaries of what a "standard install" is have been blurred....Again, their choice.....I don't like it but if it upsets me enough or the costs get to expensive, I can simply leave the business..My choice...
You say the install price should go up..It won't...Why? Because to most satellite is considered a luxury...On the opther hand cable is thought of by most almost as though it were a public utility....Question:..What percentage of people say their home is "wired for cable" vs "wired for satellite"...I would speculate that it's at least 90% in favor of cable...Cable BTW has roughly 83% penetration ..We have to be wary to not to run potential satellite custs to cable...
What do American cars have to do with this discussion?
UM Both satellite companies are practically giving the eq away now....

dishcomm,
Satellite's are not considered a luxury, and you stated that you are making a "pretty decent living"!!! You are not rich, but you state "that is my goal"!!! You are doing free wall fishes and pole mounts, by your own admission, and you don't think that the install prices will go up!!! That pretty well sums up your position in the Satellite Industry!!! The only question I have for you, is why are you still in the Industry???

Doctor Bob said:
dishcomm,
Satellite's are not considered a luxury, and you stated that you are making a "pretty decent living"!!! You are not rich, but you state "that is my goal"!!! You are doing free wall fishes and pole mounts, by your own admission, and you don't think that the install prices will go up!!! That pretty well sums up your position in the Satellite Industry!!! The only question I have for you, is why are you still in the Industry???
I do this for no extra charge because Dish mandates it.....However I do charge additional for these services on retail jobs..
I know for r a fact the rates will not increase..In fact the pay rates to the contractor(the people I work for have been reduced twice in the last two years)....
If you know anything about this business , you should know that both satellite co's are trying to keep programming rates down..The money has to come from any source possible...So we are taking in the shorts...what are ya gonna do..
So you take a poke at my rich guy statement...Hey, sunshine...This isn't my only source of income..
What am I doing in the business?...Biding my time until my other business takes off..then it's "have a nice day".....
I think we are done here.......

dishcomm said:
I do this for no extra charge because Dish mandates it.....However I do charge additional for these services on retail jobs..
I know for r a fact the rates will not increase..In fact the pay rates to the contractor(the people I work for have been reduced twice in the last two years)....
If you know anything about this business , you should know that both satellite co's are trying to keep programming rates down..The money has to come from any source possible...So we are taking in the shorts...what are ya gonna do..
So you take a poke at my rich guy statement...Hey, sunshine...This isn't my only source of income..
What am I doing in the business?...Biding my time until my other business takes off..then it's "have a nice day".....
I think we are done here.......

Well, at least you are admitting that this is not your full time occupation, and that you are using this as a filler, until your own business takes off!!! Thank you for being honest, because most of the guys out there, are going broke by working for those kind of wages, and until the Unions take full control of this part of the Industry, people will still be in the poverty level of the working man!!!

Thanx again, for clearing up some of the mystery, and letting everyone know that the only way to put a stop to the "SLAVE" wages, is to get Unions going to work on the problem!!!

Oh, and PS, I am very familiar with this Industry, and these two companies are not interested in anything, except to make money, and get saps like you to work as cheap as possible... RONTGLMAO...

Last edited:
Doctor Bob said:
Well, at least you are admitting that this is not your full time occupation, and that you are using this as a filler, until your own business takes off!!! Thank you for being honest, because most of the guys out there, are going broke by working for those kind of wages, and until the Unions take full control of this part of the Industry, people will still be in the poverty level of the working man!!!

Thanx again, for clearing up some of the mystery, and letting everyone know that the only way to put a stop to the "SLAVE" wages, is to get Unions going to work on the problem!!!

Oh, and PS, I am very familiar with this Industry, and these two companies are not interested in anything, except to make money, and get saps like you to work as cheap as possible... RONTGLMAO...
Satellite work is my mainstay..For now.. My other occupation is part time....
I am not going broke by any stretch..I do know that the company techs for DNS in this area start at a paltry $11.75/hr and top out at $15/hr. Afew DNS techs from other hogher cost of living areas have poted that the pay rates for DNS techs are somewhat higher..One member 'Van" If I remember correctly is a level 2 or 3 certified. He says his base hourly rate is $19/hr..Not bad....DNS claims the rate is fair because the tech gets a truck, uniforms, tools etc...I thnik the pay rates are far to low..But again, it's their ball game, their rules..If one thinks the pay is too low, they are welcome to work elsewhere....
I am going to tell you straight out...Satellite technicians may have a shot at organizing in local areas. But nationwide, forget it..Isn't going to happen...For example, the DNS office here in Charlotte is about 3 or 4yrs old..Before that contractors did ALL the Charlotte area work....For a moment, lets suppose you are correct in your assertion that unions will be able to organize the techs...IBEW or what ever union comes in and gives notice to the DNS office that the workers are voting to certify the union as their bargaining representative......Guess how long before one of two things happens....A) the workers are all fired or ..B) seeing a potential lawsuit and nasty publicity, DNS simply closes the office and sends everyone home? I''l give you my answer in the form of a question..How long is a "New York minute"?.
Even if the union gets in the door, the pay will not increase..The union may be able to get more benefits or work rule changes to prevent the company from making arbitrary or capricious rule changes..but that's it....but in the end this point is moot...Businesses simply do not want to deal with unions..Period.
If I were a large business owner I would shut my doors before I had to let a union into my domain. Why in the hell would I want some douchebag in a suit telling me I can't fire some a$$hole who is costing me money or refuses to get to work on time or does drugs or is insubordinate toward his supervsisor?.Of course I would fairly compensate the best of my staff so that they wouldn't have to look to a union....But here's the difference..I get to do that on MY terms and for what is best for MY business..Here's the last point..Businesses do not exist to employ people..They exist to turn a profit and if publicly traded on a stock exchange, pay dividends to their stock holders...That is the primary function of business...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)