Direct TV and OTA antenna

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Heresbullet

Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
I am located about 25 miles from Oklahoma City and am looking at the best option for getting HD. If I get a Direct TV HD receiver and OTA antenna will the local channels then be integrated into my channel listings or will I have to switch inputs like I had to do before. Also, will I be able to see these channels on the guide and will I also be able to get the info on each show for the local channels. Thanks for your help and sorry if this question has been asked 1000 times. What channel numbers are the locals?

My receivers integrate the channels so I assume all receivers will. Your locals will map to their assigned slots. My guide info works just fine.

You'll have to scan-in the locals most likely. As for the numbers, 4 (NBC), 5 (ABC), and 9 (CBS) are the networks. I don't know if the others will be HD.

www.hdtvok.com is the home of Sooner HD fans. Check it out for a full channel list.
Also, you may wish to plug your zip code into antennaweb.org to see what kind of antenna would work best for you.

You may still need to switch inputs, though -- the SD channels look best, to me, through S-Video and the HD channels are Component or DVI or HDMI.

HD Broadcasters in OK City...

You will be able to get HD broadcasting from 6 stations in OKC right now.
KFOR - NBC
KOCO - ABC
KWTV - CBS
KETA - PBS ( in the evenings only right now )
KOKH -FOX
KOCB - WB

Your receiver should remap to the channel numbers that
you are familiar with.

I would install a Near Fringe antenna if I were at your location. I have a
Channel Master Suburban at my location ( Moore, 17 miles from the towers )
and it works well.

HD via OTA is a wonderful thing to behold. By the way, KOCO and KOKH are
also broadcasting the Dolby5.1 audio if you are interested in that as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts