Direct TV HD TIVO & OTA Antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

obs4uk

Original poster
Apr 20, 2005
He :confused: llo.. I have a HD TIVO Box From Direct TV & a 61" HD Samsung DLP TV..
I get my local channels through Direct TV but not any of the HD programming shown on the "Big 4" networks.. I purchased a Terk TV5 indoor antenna to pick up my locals in HD. I hooked it up and had the TIVO box scan for my channels and it only pulls in (2) channels and none of the big (4).. I live less than 10 miles from downtown Louisville Ky. & I did a check on the web site that checks where the towers are and the furtest away is 29 miles. Am I doing anything wrong or did I buy the wrong antenna????? HELP

Response

No.. I get all my TV programming from Direct TV.. I just purchased the Terk
Antenna thid past week to try and get my big four networks high def programming. I could understand if the signal was weak or something. But I am getting nothing at all except for the Pax channel & Faith channel. It seems
to me to be a problem with the TIVO box itself..

Bought a Zenith Silver Sensor indoor last week to compliment my Winegard Squareshooer 2 outdoor and being 1/2 between Balt and DC the Zenith almost out performs the Winegard. To many obstructions for the winegard to pick up Balt but the Zenith picks up both Balt and DC just fine. Waiting on an antenna combiner so I don't have to keep adjusting the Zenith. Its set in one spot and does just fine. Towers are 20mi max.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)