Direct TV install on house is not an option!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

abooch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
The only options are mounted to the deck or a poll mount. Will the D* installer make a poll mount for a custom fee? I live in northern New Jersey anybody have any experiences?

Why is the house mount "not an option"?

Is it because of your preferences, because if so, you will probably have to pay extra for the install.

If it is for a line of sight, then you probably won't have to pay extra.

The best way for install a Ka-Ku, or Slimline dish is in a pole, Why ? because the size of the dish, if you want to install the dish in the roof, ..., is 6 holes for the foot, 4 extra holes for the braces, total 10 holes, the technician can use bishop tape, silicon, etc, but the 10 holes are in the Customer roof, probably out of the living area, probably whit insulation, ... and... y two, three, or five years, you can ask Why I no use a pole ?

The best way for install a Ka-Ku, or Slimline dish is in a pole, Why ? because the size of the dish, if you want to install the dish in the roof, ..., is 6 holes for the foot, 4 extra holes for the braces, total 10 holes, the technician can use bishop tape, silicon, etc, but the 10 holes are in the Customer roof, probably out of the living area, probably whit insulation, ... and... y two, three, or five years, you can ask Why I no use a pole ?

And there are other options besides roof mount. There's wall mount, under eave (J tube), or S-tube mounting. Pole mounting is not always the best option unless you can ensure that the dish will be out of the way and the cables won't be damaged.

Pole mount...

A friend recently had a pole mount near the house, no charge. However, as stated above/below...there was a line-of-sight issue with the house and eaves. I noted that the pole mount is sans support arms. Dish has been ok though, no movement.

A friend recently had a pole mount near the house, no charge. However, as stated above/below...there was a line-of-sight issue with the house and eaves. I noted that the pole mount is sans support arms. Dish has been ok though, no movement.

Support arms are not required on pole mounts or S-Tube mounts.

I got a pole mount in my yard for no charge, even though the dish "could" have been mounted on the roof. Truth is, I didn't want it on the roof, mostly for snow removal concerns, so I asked for a pole mount in the yard. I tipped the guy really well, but there was no additional installation charge.

Jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)