DirecTiVo Delayed Again?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sounds like this translates into: "Maybe 2012" or even "We're still playing catch up, trying to at least match the features out there already."

I doubt it'll ever see market, or do so only in small numbers, before they go belly up, perhaps into some investor's arms.

I've already ordered an HR24 & I've hooked DECA up to my other two HD DVRs(HR23 & HR22). I've fulfilled my need for DVRs & I'm waiting for the new H25-500 to come out & be available to all D* customers,what could a DirecTiVo do to top that?

I have a TivoHD with a HR24-200 sitting on top of it, why anyone would care if Directv did or did not get a TiVo is beyond me. When it comes to do most everything, I prefer the HR24.

They do, but is it worth paying more for the same?? No.

These TiVo SW services are adding to the cost of the DVR, already above what it does fine.

Agreed, TiVo is junk.

I hope D* will never use TiVo again.
Their current software is much better and much more user friendly then anything TiVo has ever had so why would they want to have to start paying royalties again?

However, the TiVo name still holds strong.
Kind of like Kleenex is to facial tissue.

I said before and I'll say it again. I will take a TiVo over these slow, buggy, un-user-friendly crap DTV receivers any day, anytime. The TiVo charges more a month because its better. And if this DirecTiVo receiver ever does get released I would expect the monthly DVR fee to be the same as its inferior DTV counterparts.

I said before and I'll say it again. I will take a TiVo over these slow, buggy, un-user-friendly crap DTV receivers any day, anytime. The TiVo charges more a month because its better. And if this DirecTiVo receiver ever does get released I would expect the monthly DVR fee to be the same as its inferior DTV counterparts.

Have you used the HR24 series dvr? It's much faster and much less buggy than the previous models.

I recently went from my classic, ancient R10 DirecTivo to a HR24, and while I like almost everything about the HR24 better, there's still one thing from Tivo I miss (or maybe I just don't know how to get the HR24 to do a similar thing), and that's suggestions. The whole "thumbs up/thumbs down" thing on Tivo is admittedly hokey, but it was kind of nice to have the suggestions autorecord on a space available basis.

For those of you who don't know what suggestions are, Tivo allows you to rates shows (series or movies, not the individual episodes) you do and don't like with 1-3 thumbs up or thumbs down. Setting a show to record also automatically gives it two thumbs up, though you can modify that. Based on the ratings you've given, when the tuners are otherwise idle and there is space on the hard drive, it automatically picks shows that mesh with your stated preferences (sometimes better than others) and records them to a suggestions folder.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to trade the HR24 back in for another R10, but I liked the suggestions and miss them.

I had had a Tivo and while at one time I think Tivo's were better then the Direct brand, I think times have changed and prefer the Direct models now. I would think though if and when the new Tivo version comes out it should have the Directv features (smart search and such)

I hated "suggestions" on my TiVos and switched the feature off on all my boxes.

The original DirecTivo was a total failure. It sucked something huge and hairy. Why would they bring that thing back instead of just rewriting the software on the boxes they own to make it better?

The original DirecTivos were awesome - I switched to DirecTV because Circuit City had a really good deal on them ($99, with a $99 mail-in rebate available from Philips, IIRC). The first dual tuner DVRs available I think, at least for DirecTV (although the second tuner wasn't available until a software update was released a few months later).

We switched from two standalone Tivos with lifetime service and cable to two DirecTivos - we sold the standalone Tivos on ebay and made back most of our money due to the high resale value that the lifetime service had).

We got the HD version back when the handful of HD channels were MPEG-2, and finally upgraded to some non-Tivo models when the MPEG-4 channels came online. Luckily, we were pleasantly surprised by the level of functionality that the software gave us, and we don't really miss the Tivo software.

The UltimateTV box was a much better DVR than the Tivo. I had both. It was actually the first dual tuner (it was also the first box to include PIP), and it didn't require a software upgrade to do so. IIRC, it didn't even require a fee or subscription unless you wanted the WebTV service active, although I think you paid a $10 clone fee because of the extra tuner.

At this point it's almost it like "who care?" The D* units have improved so much and so many features have been added that it is almost pointless. I do not think they are going to release aTivo that enables all the features that the stand alone units do.

Wow I'm sure I'll get hammered but to be honest, I'd rather have the interface, MUCH RATHER, on my old SD DirecTV Tivo than what I have on any of my 4 DirecTV DVR's now. Things used to work right and I loved the list guide as oppsoed to the GRID guide. I could look through the next 2 weeks of any given channel in a couple minutes. Takes forever with the Grid Guid and the slowness of the interface.

Also I like to have a couple of certain shows I watch once in awhile. With the TIVO I set "Keep at Most 2" and Keep until I delete and it would record 2 shows and record no more until I deltete one. I have at least 5 show set up on the bedroom DVR this way. One is Cops which is on 100 times a week (yeah not quite 100 but a lot). Others are ones that run every day or 2 or 3 episodes a day. The DirecTV DVR records them all no matter what I do. All this does is cause excess wear and tear on the hard drive.

I don't care if they ever have another TIVO again. But I have e-mailed asking for a Grid Guide and for the Keep until delete thing to work right for 3 years. It still isn't fixed.

Again I'm not asking for TIVO. Just make the features work right.

Also I never had audio sync problems and never had to reboot my TIVO. If I don't reboot my DirecTV DVR every month or two it seems to slow to a crawl.

TIVO yes or no, I really don't care as long as they fix the very buggy systems I have now.

Ok take your shots at me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)