DIRECTV-11 Scheduled for December 2007 Launch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
nasaspaceflight's commercial launch forum indicates that both DIRECTV 11 and Echostar 11 are scheduled for December. They give an alternate date on DIRECTV 11 of April which is more in line with Bob Mercer's comment.

Hopefully the information from GW_Simulations is as good as the information from anik.

Not sure what Echostar X! is, but even E* doesn't quite know when E11 can launch.
X! is the shift-locked version of XI; the roman numerals for 11.

As I said with the previous launch date reports, I believe we should be using the term "planned" as opposed to "scheduled" until there is a date and time. Even then, as DIRECTV 10 proved, the date and time can still be delayed.

Great news on D11 going up but its just gravey on the top for most folks. I think this one will have a lot to do with DMA's going HD which will make some folks very happy. I cant imagine what I need beyond the 100 or so this year with D10. But then once I get a taste, I will want more and more HD.

nasaspaceflight's commercial launch forum indicates that both DIRECTV 11 and Echostar 11 are scheduled for December. They give an alternate date on DIRECTV 11 of April which is more in line with Bob Mercer's comment.

Hopefully the information from GW_Simulations is as good as the information from anik.

This morning, that website had DIRECTV-11 as APRIL. If you notice, I posted the info there (as I did here) that SPACEFLIGHT NOW listed the launch for December and GW then updated it (and left the April 08 date in as well). Howver, as Lyngsat also updated their D11 info on 7/15 (as did SPACEFLIGHT NOW), I tend to believe that something must have changed to push this launch forward.

As Sea Launch now has the ok to resume launches (as of July 8th), getting a schedule together at this time actually makes sense IMO.

bob mercer's comment was early next year in single quote marks, meaning it was somebody else's comment. my interpretation of early next year is still first quarter, leaning toward january, maybe early february.

i asked if those reports surfacing for a december launch were accurate and his response was what i posted. as i stated in my previous post, that's still the official company line until told differently. we're just going to have to be patient.

X! is the shift-locked version of XI; the roman numerals for 11.

As I said with the previous launch date reports, I believe we should be using the term "planned" as opposed to "scheduled" until there is a date and time. Even then, as DIRECTV 10 proved, the date and time can still be delayed.

I always hear launch dates presented as scheduled as opposed to planned. But you know what - who cares which word you use? Also, as we have seen in so many space launches since 1958 - a very high number of them get delayed for so many different reasons. Why the big deal? It's actually S.O.P. I think everyone knows a scheduled launch date is subject to change.

Question - did you mean the launches were scheduled or 'planned'?

Great news on D11 going up but its just gravey on the top for most folks. I think this one will have a lot to do with DMA's going HD which will make some folks very happy. I cant imagine what I need beyond the 100 or so this year with D10. But then once I get a taste, I will want more and more HD.

Pass the gravy:p I've been paying for LIL-SD and waiting for LIL-HD for quite some time. I didn't want to install a 72.5 dish and have had to pay the extra $3 per month anyhow to get CBS-HD (80) and ABC-HD (86):hungry:

Pass the gravy:p I've been paying for and waiting for LIL-HD for quite some time. I didn't want to install a 72.5 dish and had to pay the extra $3 per month anyhow to get CBS-HD (80) and ABC-HD (86):hungry:

This is why I dont bad mouth Directv's LIL plans. Even though it takes money, sats, time, etc. from national stuff, its really important to millions of people and makes good sense to provide those. I dont blame you about the second dish. :eek:

Yeah pass my gravy. I have no locals in HD yet.

Well I hope so. BTW, the first launch is October (Thuraya3).

Also, I am suprised that ECHOPSTAR 11 was passed by - it was supposed to be the next launch prior to the accident, wasn't it? Also. in light of the reports and posts that Charlie said 2 sats would go up this year - it is a little unexpected.

The D11 launch was always planned to launch prior to E11. After the failure, I think that E* was hoping to get their sat pushed ahead of the line.

At the time of the Sea Launch accident, E11 was the NEXT to go - was scheduled for March. At that time D11 was scheduled for June launch.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/797601-post2.html

That is the only post I could find on this subject. You would have thought that there would be more on this subject if the launch was next. Also I could not find much out there doing searches on this. I just never remember hearing a date for E11.

At the time of the Sea Launch accident, E11 was the NEXT to go - was scheduled for March. At that time D11 was scheduled for June launch.
I was surprised to see DIRECTV 11 get moved up in the order. Perhaps they have convinced someone at Sea Launch that they will deliver their bird first. Sea Launch has a minor backlog to catch up with.

It may also be notable that Sea Launch has been rumbling about doing some Baikonur launches.

That is the only post I could find on this subject. You would have thought that there would be more on this subject if the launch was next. Also I could not find much out there doing searches on this. I just never remember hearing a date for E11.
Getting dates out of ILS or Sea Launch is like pulling hen's teeth. The official word from both organizations seems to be along the lines of "we'll talk about that after our current launch campaign". Because Sea Launch owns their own launch facility, they don't really have to tell anyone what they are thinking.

I was surprised to see DIRECTV 11 get moved up in the order. Perhaps they have convinced someone at Sea Launch that they will deliver their bird first. Sea Launch has a minor backlog to catch up with.

It may also be notable that Sea Launch has been rumbling about doing some Baikonur launches.

Maybe Boeing pushed up one of their own satellites, D11. They are one of the Sea-Launch partners after all. E11 is a Loral satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)