DirecTV 119w date

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vincent

On Vacation
Original poster
Sep 21, 2004
AZ.
When did DirecTV start to offer local channels on the 119 satellite?

What year or date.

Thankyou.

That sounds about right. I remember when locals were being shifted to that satellite and people needed to upgrade their dish.

Also, welcome:wave to Satelliteguys

Hold on.

DirecTV added a few markets to 119 and 110 prior to the availability of DirecTV 4S (the spot-beam satellite) at 101. I recall that Baltimore, Pittsburgh and San Diego were all placed at 119 in June, 2000. It was the first time local channels were placed on a DirecTV wing slot.

DirecTV also added Raleigh-Durham and Greenville, SC, to the 110 satellite, back at the tail end of 1999. DirecTV was required to put something on that satellite before they lost their license for the 110 slot.

Then, by the end of 2001, DirecTV moved all their local channels to DirecTV 4S at 101. DirecTV then added another 10 markets to the 119 satellite. I recall markets such as Buffalo, Grand Rapids, Hartford, Las Vegas, etc.

DirecTV then added more markets to CONUS transponders at the 101 slot in anticipation of moving those to the spot-beam satellite at 119. These were markets such as Wilkes-Barre, Des Moines, Shreveport, Roanoke, Richmond, etc. These were moved to the DirecTV 7S satellite at 119 sometime in Summer, 2004. Many of the local newer local markets were started in June, 2004.

I have a list somewhere.

There must be some game here, but we don't know the rules. :)

I'll assume since Vincent is from AZ, he may be talking about the Tucson locals. Tucson was placed on the 101 satellite along with Des Moines, Shreveport, Roanoke, Richmond, Wilkes-Barre, Louisville, and Jackson, MS, during the first half of 2003. These were moved to DirecTV 7S at 119 in mid-2004.

thanks charper1. they must be on a spot beam as I couldn't receive them while in Minneapolis last week. Do you know if they are on a spot or did I have a problem
seeing the 119?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)