DirecTV 2 PC Software Version 5717

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I know there was a post or file that listed keyboard shortcuts but I can't find it now. If someone has a link could you post it?
Thanks

5717 Problems? Install 4526

After installing a new version (5717) of DirecTV2PC, I got an HDCP error when trying to open any programming from the now playing list. After trying everything to solve it, I uninstalled 5717 and reinstalled 4526, which operates without a problem (no HDCP errors).

My hardware is a Fujitsu lifebook A6020, with an Intel GM945 display chipset, which doesn't have HDCP. But strangely, v.4526 doesn't seem to care. :confused:

Anyone wanting a copy of 4526 should IM me for a copy of the software. :)

D.

Yep, the old versions didnt do the hdcp check and did all of the decoding with the cpu, not the gpu.

It had its bugs, but it'd run on a lot of hardware that the new version wont run on.

Back to setting this up with new pc now getting this error message I have HDMI so what does it mean

If anybody is willing to let me test a older version please let me know thank you

Attachments

• IMG00005.jpg
    IMG00005.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 195
Are you sure that message is from directv2pc? I've never seen it.

What kind of pc is the new pc? Whats the video card in it? Are you running the latest driver?

This is from Directv2pc version 5717 I have a Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 with HDMI output
all drivers are updated Video Nvidia
I can get a bigger picture to prove it is from direct2pc

This is the most particular software I have ever had to deal with. I gave up on it, even though I have it installed, everything meets their minimum standards, and all software and drivers are up to date. I got tired of continuous error messages. My latest one is an audio issue, even though my DD5.1 sound card and my sound system more than meets their minimum requirements.

I know it is a same you can't get older version numbers. I once had my laptop with directv2pc working. The hard drive crashed and installed a new one never could get it to work cause of HDCP and I could not find older version anywhere

This is from Directv2pc version 5717 I have a Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 with HDMI output
all drivers are updated Video Nvidia
I can get a bigger picture to prove it is from direct2pc

Funny, because I have one of those zotac boxes too. I'm sorry I bought it.

There are a LOT of video and audio driver issue that nvidia is trying to work through with that 'next generation ion' platform. The biggest problem they're having to deal with is that the way the NG ion was implemented is that they hung it off of a PCI-E 1x channel from the atom chipset. The "old" ion WAS the chipset and the atom hung off of the ion, so the ION had full access to the system ram at full speed. PCI-E 1x is good enough to handle data throughputs high enough to do 1080p, but its not fast enough to pass that data back and forth several times, as stuff like Flash, Silverlight...and directv2pc do. Directv2pc has to have the ion2 do the video decode in hardware, then it wants the picture back so it can overlay menus and whatnot, then back to the video card.

While I may be proved wrong, I doubt that this will ever work well with the NG ION implementation as presented by the HD-ID11. There just isnt enough bandwidth.

The only solution is to offload all of the processing to the GPU, which is what nvidia is trying to do for Flash, but there are still a lot of problems when the player wants to do overlays. I doubt they're going to do anything special for directv2pc, there just isnt enough of a market for nvidia to bother with it.

I do have d2pc running great on the original ion with a single core atom. Its slow to start and sluggy in the menus, but the video decode is actually decent. I have a real case of buyers remorse on the ID11, and had I known about its hardware limitations I'd have made another choice. The old atom 330/original ion combination is probably a better all around box and they can be had a lot cheaper.

So my guess is the error you're getting has something to do with all the funny business nvidia is trying to do with their drivers to overcome this limitation.

In case you're curious about the reason for the lousy implementation, nvidia had previously licensed some technology from Intel to do what they did with the original ION, but elected to not do the licensing this time around and to try to wiggle the product in sideways. In atom-land, its going to be just a no-go with the pinetrail chipset. The NG ION will do better as a pci-e 16x add-in card for other setups.

I haven't tried this on my GB box but as it is HDMI out I assume it should run OK. My Lenovo S10 however won't cooperate with any version I've snagged back to 5103, as they don't like the 945 chipset. Any help in finding a copy of v4526 would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts