Directv $200 Rebate for Voom Customers

If the voom discount was $200- for each receiver you needed, I might jump. Multiple HD sets in a house, you tend to want to lease. Adelphia is coming out in a couple of days...my only choice at this time.

bookwalk said:
Question on E* for a new customer--am I able to get a "no committment" package where I am not obligated for a year contract or is this "no committment" option only for those previous customers who have already fulfilled the year contract?
No commitment lease is for new customers.

JL

bookwalk said:
Question on E* for a new customer--am I able to get a "no committment" package where I am not obligated for a year contract or is this "no committment" option only for those previous customers who have already fulfilled the year contract?
Yeap. I just signed up for the lease plan as a new customer. The deal I got was:

No commitment
$250 for the 942 DVR lease
6 months of free HD Pack
3 months of Everything Pack for the price of Top-180
No DVR fee
$30 HBO Rebate
$25 Starz Rebate

Wayne88 said:
GLBorchert said:
This may not be news to anyone on this forum, but I wasn't sure so thought I'd share the information.

I'm a Voom user who signed up for Directv last night. When I did I found out that people switching from Voom to Directv are eligible for a $200 rebate. /QUOTE]

That sounds like a good deal. Directv offered me $250 off of their HDDVR (actually you pay the full price but then you receive a $250 credit for their programing) and an additional $200 credit to stay with them (and not jump to Voom). I jumped anyway to Voom (oh well I got a month and a half of HD TV the likes of which Directv does not have). Directv retention department also made it clear that I would not be considered a new customer if I go back to them. I said "fine I will go to another provider if the need arises" ( I guess it has arisen). Another thing that made me cancel my order for Directv's HDDVR and to leave them is the fact that it will be obselete in a few months (with the advent of MPEG-4 usage) and the fact that they have such an uncompelling HD lineup at present. So they will have to replace that $299 receiver anyway (hopefully at no charge but knowing them they will add at least one year to your contract to do so).
I'm in an NRTC area. Guess what I get? Probably the only way I will get something is when E* does the calling.

I downloaded the rebate.pdf document on the D* website. The first instruction is to fill out the above info-(note: only original forms will be accepted, not copies.) Does this mean that I have to get an "original" somehow from D* and can't just print this out as "original"? Please forgive me if I seem a bit thick here.

warkovision said:
I downloaded the rebate.pdf document on the D* website. The first instruction is to fill out the above info-(note: only original forms will be accepted, not copies.) Does this mean that I have to get an "original" somehow from D* and can't just print this out as "original"? Please forgive me if I seem a bit thick here.

I believe it qualifies as an original. Just make sure you use a blue pen and D* can tell your writing isnt a copy. They do want originals of your Voom bill though.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Anyone considering Dish Networks should reconsider DIRECTV as you can combine DIRECTV's $200. rebate with our SatelliteGuys special discounts.

-Robert
What is your "SatelliteGuys special discounts"? I'm looking for a HD provider.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Anyone considering Dish Networks should reconsider DIRECTV as you can combine DIRECTV's $200. rebate with our SatelliteGuys special discounts.

-Robert

IF you serve all 48 states, how is the installation handled and is that still free? Could you please outline the details of the Direct TV offer for HD, with the tuner options--I visited your website and see 2 HD tuners "new". Are these then upgradeable to the Mpeg 4 when it comes along?

Also, how is the programming set up for my area (Sioux Falls, SD area)? I have heard that, since we don't have locals available from here, that we can get BOTH Ca and NY network feeds and also in HD?

Is that true regardless of the distributor through which we order Direct TV?

We ship the equipment directly to you and our technician from Sioux Falls, or from whatever area anyone live near, will take care of the installation.

If you qualify for distant locals, as I also believe you do, DIRECTV will give them to you upon activation.

Yes, you can order your DIRECTV service from any authorized nationwide DIRECTV dealer.

-Robert

Walter L. said:
He probably subcontracts through Install Inc. :eek: :shocked :D

We do NOT sub-contract anything to Installs Inc. We use our own database of independent Certified SBCA satellite technicians. We also pay above the industry scale so our technicians are happy to have your job.

-Robert

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts