Directv $200 Rebate for Voom Customers

Hmm can a returning D* sub take advantage of the 200 bucks? It doesnt look like it. You have to purchase equipment.

AxE said:
Ok.....I don't understand. Apparently nobody is doing any homework or price comparisons.

Do you guys not know that D* is costing you more money than E* as a new sub?

E* is GIVING you 2 HD receivers for no charge and they are giving you your $50 activation fee back on your first bill. And you don't have to spend any extra money on a phase 3 dish.

Don't get me wrong because I sell both and have D* myself. But unless you don't need the NFL Sunday Ticket you are paying over $100 more to get D*. Plus monthly the cost for D* HD is $10.99, as opposed to E* $9.99 for the same content.

Even with this $200 rebate from D* it is not worth it. Weigh it out....

Free receiver and dish with E*.....or $100 receiver after rebate and $50 dish with D*.

Besides, with E* buying Rainbow 1.......well you can do that math

Sounds like a great deal but what are charlies plans for HD? No info, Pretty sad Ergen is losing 50,000 potential subs because he will not announce his plans or schedule for more HD channels.

"there will still be customers well into ’06 that will still be getting HD programming over the Legacy based – we’re only talking about the half million existing customers, all new customers that buy into the Spaceway sats will be getting HD LIL’s and National HD channels over MPEG4."

That convinces me even more that going E* now with no commitment is the way to go for me. When the "new" D* MPEG4-based service become available and they add new HD channels, I'll be ready to dump E* and sign up as a new D* customer. I bet that none of the existing D* customers will be migrated to MPEG4 on 2005, since priority is to new customers.

vurbano said:
Sounds like a great deal but what are charlies plans for HD? No info, Pretty sad Ergen is losing 50,000 potential subs because he will not announce his plans or schedule for more HD channels.

Actually this past week on the retailer Charlie chat he said that the chat on September 1st will be the HD chat and he will announce his plans with Rainbow 1, but that he couldn't get into greater detail until after the sale was complete.

Also, as far as D* HD goes they are not going to even start launching thier new satellites until around December according to our rep.

Walter L. said:
"there will still be customers well into ’06 that will still be getting HD programming over the Legacy based – we’re only talking about the half million existing customers, all new customers that buy into the Spaceway sats will be getting HD LIL’s and National HD channels over MPEG4."

That convinces me even more that going E* now with no commitment is the way to go for me. When the "new" D* MPEG4-based service become available and they add new HD channels, I'll be ready to dump E* and sign up as a new D* customer. I bet that none of the existing D* customers will be migrated to MPEG4 on 2005, since priority is to new customers.

Depends on your market Walter. If your in a DMA is one that will get HDLIL early then you will get upgraded to mpeg4 early so you can recieve HDLIL. As for me I think I better resub to D* now so I can get my reciever upgraded for free, Im sure there will be some sort of cutoff date for upgrading existing HD recievers. After that If D* doesnt step up to the plate Ill sell the mpeg4 reciever. What is most interesting is that D* will have to run mpeg4 and mpeg2 versions of the national HD channels wont they? Unless new recievers can do both.

AxE said:
Actually this past week on the retailer Charlie chat he said that the chat on September 1st will be the HD chat and he will announce his plans with Rainbow 1, but that he couldn't get into greater detail until after the sale was complete.

Also, as far as D* HD goes they are not going to even start launching thier new satellites until around December according to our rep.

LMAO theres a launch in 7 days AxE April 26, then one in May and then June-July. Check the sealaunch schedule. http://www.sea-launch.com/current_launch.htm
http://spaceflightnow.com/tracking/#apr05

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=400 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle width=75 bgColor=#cc0000>[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]April 26[/size][/font]</TD><TD width=325 bgColor=#000066>[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Sea Launch • Spaceway 1[/size][/font]</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffcc><TD colSpan=2>[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]Launch time:[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2] [size=-2]0731:30 GMT (3:31:30 a.m. EDT)[/size]

Launch site: Odyssey platform, Pacific Ocean (154° West, 0° North)
spacer.gif

The Sea Launch Zenit 3SL rocket will launch the Spaceway 1 communications satellite for The DIRECTV Group. The spacecraft's Ka-Band payload will expand and enhance DIRECTV's direct-to-home television service and to provide satellite broadband services across the United States. [size=-2][April 19][/size][/size][/font]
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=400 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle width=75 bgColor=#cc0000>[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]May 21[/size][/font]</TD><TD width=325 bgColor=#000066>[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Proton • DIRECTV 8[/size][/font]</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffcc><TD colSpan=2>[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]Launch time: [/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]TBD

Launch site: Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan
spacer.gif

An ILS Proton rocket with a Breeze M upper stage will launch the DIRECTV 8 direct-to-home television broadcasting spacecraft. The Loral-built satellite will be used to provide services across the U.S. for DIRECTV subscribers. [size=-2][April 7][/size][/size][/font]

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=400 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle width=75 bgColor=#cc0000>[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Indefinite[/size][/font]</TD><TD width=325 bgColor=#000066>[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Ariane 5 • Spaceway 2[/size][/font]</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffcc><TD colSpan=2>[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]Launch window:[/size][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2] TBD

Launch site: ELA-3, Kourou, French Guiana
spacer.gif

The Arianespace Ariane 5 rocket will launch the Spaceway 2 communications satellite for The DIRECTV Group. The spacecraft's Ka-Band payload will expand and enhance DIRECTV's direct-to-home television service and to provide satellite broadband services across the United States. Delayed from April. [Feb. 24][/size][/font]

vurbano said:
Depends on your market Walter. If your in a DMA is one that will get HDLIL early then you will get upgraded to mpeg4 early so you can recieve HDLIL. As for me I think I better resub to D* now so I can get my reciever upgraded for free, Im sure there will be some sort of cutoff date for upgrading existing HD recievers. After that If D* doesnt step up to the plate Ill sell the mpeg4 reciever. What is most interesting is that D* will have to run mpeg4 and mpeg2 versions of the national HD channels wont they? Unless new recievers can do both.

yes, the new recievers will get Mpeg 2 and 4

vurbano said:
LMAO theres a launch in 7 days sherlock April 26, then may then June. Check the sealaunch schedule.

theres one in may too:
DIRECTV 8 Poised to Enhance Satellite Fleet and DIRECTV® Service

DIRECTV 8 Poised to Enhance Satellite Fleet and DIRECTV® Service
Space Systems/Loral-built Satellite Scheduled to Launch Mid- May

EL SEGUNDO, CA, April 19, 2005 - DIRECTV 8, a new satellite that will reinforce the DIRECTV satellite fleet and provide support for the expansion of new digital and high-definition services for DIRECTV's more than 13.9 million customers, is being readied for a mid-May launch at the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.

The satellite will enhance DIRECTV® programming services at the 101 degree West Longitude orbital slot and take over service from an older satellite at that orbit location later this summer. In preparation for the launch, DIRECTV 8, a Space Systems/Loral (SS/L)-built, high-power Ku/Ka-band hybrid spacecraft, is being integrated with the International Launch Services Proton launch vehicle at the Cosmodrome.

The DIRECTV 8 launch will be the second DIRECTV satellite launched from the Cosmodrome, the oldest space launch facility in the world - dating back to Sputnik and more recently, was the site of the launch last week of a Soyuz manned mission to the International Space Station.

"Our satellites, which are the backbone of DIRECTV, make it possible for us to offer new and expanded services to our customers," said Jim Butterworth, senior vice president, Communication Systems, DIRECTV, Inc. "We are pleased with the smooth and rapid progress DIRECTV 8 is making toward its scheduled launch next month. SS/L completed assembly, integration and testing well ahead of schedule, and with the satellite now at the launch site, we have ample time for integration with the Proton launch vehicle and the option of accelerating the launch date."

"SS/L is proud to begin another launch campaign with DIRECTV, one of its most important customers," said C. Patrick DeWitt, president, Space Systems/Loral. "This is the 12th satellite delivered to U.S. direct broadcasters by SS/L based on the powerful and reliable 1300 design. With DIRECTV 8, SS/L has been able to cost-effectively integrate advanced satellite features with high-performance space-proven technology to deliver a spacecraft that will support
DIRECTV's high-capacity requirements."

The DIRECTV 8 satellite will provide selectable medium- and high-power Ku-band broadcast services to DIRECTV customers with a Ka-band payload that will be available to link DIRECTV broadcast facilities as part of the DIRECTV
initiative to significantly expand its capacity to launch hundreds of local digital and high-definition services.

About DIRECTV

DIRECTV is the nation's leading and fastest-growing digital multichannel television service provider with more than 13.9 million customers. DIRECTV and the Cyclone Design logo are registered trademarks of DIRECTV Inc. (NYSE: DTV). DIRECTV is a world-leading provider of digital multichannel television entertainment. DIRECTV is 34 percent owned by News Corporation. For more information visit www.directv.com .

About Space Systems/Loral
Space Systems/Loral, a subsidiary of Loral Space & Communications (OTCBB: LRLSQ), is a premier designer, manufacturer, and integrator of powerful satellites and satellite systems. SS/L also provides a range of related services that include mission control operations and procurement of launch services. Based in Palo Alto, Calif., the company has an international base of commercial and governmental customers whose applications include broadband digital communications, direct-to-home broadcast, defense communications, environmental monitoring, and air traffic control. SS/L satellites have amassed more than 1,100 years of reliable on-orbit service. SS/L is ISO 9001:2000 certified. For more information, visit www.ssloral.com .

Loral Space & Communications is a satellite communications company. In addition to Space Systems/Loral, through its Skynet subsidiary Loral owns and operates a fleet of telecommunications satellites used to broadcast video entertainment programming, and for broadband data transmission, Internet services

vurbano said:
What is most interesting is that D* will have to run mpeg4 and mpeg2 versions of the national HD channels wont they? Unless new recievers can do both.
I believe I read something about the transition plan that new customers will get ALL HD from the new bird via MPEG4. In other words, the existing MPEG2 HD channels (inc. ST) will have to be duplicated in MPEG4 during the transition. If that's the case, I suspect that all new HD national channels will be MPEG4 only.

Walter L. said:
I believe I read something about the transition plan that new customers will get ALL HD from the new bird via MPEG4. In other words, the existing MPEG2 HD channels (inc. ST) will have to be duplicated in MPEG4 during the transition. If that's the case, I suspect that all new HD national channels will be MPEG4 only.
no way they are going to give new HD national channels like espn2hd or tnthd to a few new customers. I think a previous poster was right. the new recievers must be mpeg2/4 compatible.

Here is what I read:

"all new customers that buy into the Spaceway sats will be getting HD LIL’s and National HD channels over MPEG4. It’s the Legacy customers that will be converted over ’05 & ’06…or converted over time to MPEG4."

For me that sounds like new customers will have priority over existing ones to get the new boxes. Now, I'm not sure about whether or not the new national HD channels will be duplicated in MPEG2 for legacy customers during the transition period. Perhaps they use it as an incentive to promote migration of existing customers.

You can use the DIRECTV-VOOM HD $200. rebate and still purchase from our company for substantial additional savings.

-Robert

VE Advanced Digital Technologies Dealer

I didnt read all the posts but i got D* as well and they gave me an instant rebate over the phone of 200 bucks since i told them I was a V* customer. No mail requiered this one was instant for me.... :p

Question on E* for a new customer--am I able to get a "no committment" package where I am not obligated for a year contract or is this "no committment" option only for those previous customers who have already fulfilled the year contract?

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
You can use the DIRECTV-VOOM HD $200. rebate and still purchase from our company for substantial additional savings.

-Robert

VE Advanced Digital Technologies Dealer

Do you only serve the New York area?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)