Directv 5LNB Dish Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CyryX

Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
I don't know if someone already talk about this before, but I had my dish installed on the roof and I'm kind of concerned about the holes and water getting into my house... We don't get much rain, since I'm in AZ, but I just want to know if any of the satellite gurus knows a product to cover the holes or something like that without affecting the dish.

Some kind of housing around the pole or something... I know I'm paranoid.... The installer said he sealed everything... but, I don't know.... I rather buy something for the roof instead of hiring a roofer.

just put some clear silicone on it. i did that years ago and i've never had a problems. i also put a little dab of the silicone over the screws to seal them.

Roofing Cement!!!!

Available at your local Home Depot, Lowes, Hardware Store etc in standard caulk tubes.

Apply a bead around each tripod foot making sure the cement is in contact with the roof and the foot, use a putty knife to spread the cement onto each surface.

Cover the screw heads as well.

A little trick = Loosen ONE bolt at a time and pry the mast enough to pump silicone caulk into and around the lag bolt hole. Allow to dry and harden. Then crank down on the hardened silicone. If you want to do a bead around the mast base afterwards this ok but do not seal the down roof edge. Some water comes down the pipe and has to go somewhere.

just put some clear silicone on it. i did that years ago and i've never had a problems. i also put a little dab of the silicone over the screws to seal them.
When I had the Slimline installed, the installer used clear silicone in the holes and on the screws.

roof installs i always use mastic tape under the mount brackets. Just like roofing tar-paper, works very well. wraps around the threads as you drill down into the roof.

Im up in washington state (rain country) and i have never had one leak. I put silicon inside each predrilled hole for the lag bolts. i also put some under the head of the bolts and around anywere in the exterior walls that the cable pokes thru. Still no leaks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.