Directv 99/101/103 in a low signal area

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scoobieshouse

Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
Looking for some help in setting up Directv in low signal area.

I'm in an area where the signal from 99/101/103 is low.

I would like to know if this setup is correct.

I'm using a HR-24 with 2 rg/6 lines from my receiver to a 1.8 m channel master dish
2 BBC in line with a SL3PIG-WNC lnbf

I also have access to an older Primestar E-84 ( skewable ) dish if it might work better.

any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Cheers...

Looking for some help in setting up Directv in low signal area.

I'm in an area where the signal from 99/101/103 is low.

I would like to know if this setup is correct.

I'm using a HR-24 with 2 rg/6 lines from my receiver to a 1.8 m channel master dish
2 BBC in line with a SL3PIG-WNC lnbf

I also have access to an older Primestar E-84 ( skewable ) dish if it might work better.

any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Cheers...

Your mixing company products ?

This is probably why you have trouble with a low signal.

I know of no area that is a KNOWN low signal area with the correct hardware.

HR24 requires a Slimline dish / lnb to start with, I see your sl3pig listed, but also see a 1.8 m Channel Master dish, what is that about ?

6 lines from the HR24, or into it ?
There's only 2 Sat Inputs on a HR24.

Need more info, what are you actually trying to set up when all is said and done ?

Where are you located, zip code , city ?

What / why do you consider where your at a Low Signal area ?

I'm guessing where he is they don't use zip codes. ;)

Sorry, Location is most eastern part of Nova Scotia.
I know it requires swm lnbf, but will the SL3PIG-WNC work ? with BBC
only have (2) RG/6 cables run not 6
don't have HR24 yet, but R16 works great with single lnbf on 1.8m c.m. on 101 sat

You can try the 1.2 meter Alaska/Hawaii dish
DIRECTV DTV 1.2 meter Dish for Alaska and Hawaii [DTVAH12DISH] - $159.99 : The Satellite Shop, Satellite Dish Equipment - TV Programming

says it works for 99/101/103.

Here is the LNB it uses:
DTVAHKAKUKIT.jpg

You may have better luck with an LNB "made" for a bigger dish with a different focus area.

I know of some peeps "down south" who have used just the Alaska/Hawaii LNB with bigger dishes and have had good results

Don't think they ship out of the US though....

Sorry, Location is most eastern part of Nova Scotia.
I know it requires swm lnbf, but will the SL3PIG-WNC work ? with BBC
only have (2) RG/6 cables run not 6
don't have HR24 yet, but R16 works great with single lnbf on 1.8m c.m. on 101 sat

TILT!

NE Nova Scotia = outside CONUS therefore no Directv. Besides, your el angle, (LOS) has got to be pretty low. Is there a comparable latitude in CONUS? You are outside the footprint for the 99 101 & 103, bet ya.

Joe

^^^
Sydney, NS (to pick a city up there) is no farther north than Duluth, MN.

The problem (after a quick glance at the satmaps; link's at the top of the page, OP) is being too far east. Looks like 99W (D11) does not cover Cape Breton Island at all, and even the biggest dish can't amplify zero signal.

^^^
Sydney, NS (to pick a city up there) is no farther north than Duluth, MN.

The problem (after a quick glance at the satmaps; link's at the top of the page, OP) is being too far east. Looks like 99W (D11) does not cover Cape Breton Island at all, and even the biggest dish can't amplify zero signal.

There ya go & thanks,

The EL for Duluth will be close but as you correctly pointed out the AZ is way east and my not "see" anything; "...can't amplify zero..."

Joe

I just uploaded the 4S (101w) and 7S(119w) beams to Satmaps yesterday.

It's just a matter of antenna size for your Nova Scotia location. But, it might take multiple dishes because of the physical size of the lnb assembly.

Odd that the chart says Hartford is on 101, when the sd channels are on 119 and the hd ones are on 103 t17. Will the hd channels map ever be available?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)