DirecTV advertising PVR with no mention of Tivo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

*mad_professor*

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 9, 2004
Covina, CA
This morning on my way to work, I heard a DirecTV commercial advertising the benefits of a PVR. There was not one mention of Tivo in the ad. They only spoke of a DirecTV receiver with PVR.

No surprises.
Have you been living under a rock? :)
There was a press release stating specifically that they were going to stop marketing TiVo by September 1st.

I realize that. I was surprised since their unit is not on the market yet. They were very general with the advertisement so it works for tivo or non tivo PVR's.

Smart move on their part. They need to get people thinking PVR, not TiVo. Even if they are saying PVR, if someone receives a TiVo, they will think nothing of it. But if they are expecting a TiVo and get a 'generic' PVR, there will be complaints.
Makes sense to me.
Like having a sale on 'facial tissues'. If they are Kleenex, great, but they can be JoeBob's Tissues and they aren't lying. But if they say Kleenex, it better be Kleenex.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts