Directv allowing CBS and NBC HD ,for Scranton.....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
If you get Scranton Wilkes-Barre local,as you know You only get Wnep 16 HD and WOLF 56 HD. I called last night to see if I could get CBS and NBC from NY in HD ,and they gave it to me .Channel 80 and 82. They asked if I can get OTA and I just said no. They said OK and I was hooked up in seconds.And Its FREE. I would call and try if your interested. It worked for me and I'm in Wayne county. Might not work for every location,but just letting you all know it worked for me.

Sounds like they put you into the waiver request and your area is pre-approved for those two.
Must be something ,Not really sure. One CSR transfered me to someone else that deals with the DNS channels,and they said I qualifyed for the 2 and it would be no charge because my local networks for CBS and NBC weren't in HD. I didn't want to ask too many questions,Just incase. But I used my real Address and it all worked out.

They did the exact same thing for me on all four when I first signed up.

Must be something ,Not really sure. One CSR transfered me to someone else that deals with the DNS channels,and they said I qualifyed for the 2 and it would be no charge because my local networks for CBS and NBC weren't in HD. I didn't want to ask too many questions,Just incase. But I used my real Address and it all worked out.
My experience was the same as well a few weeks ago when I called, though at 80+ miles from Penobscot with a big mountain behind my house, I'm definitely beyond hope for OTA. I wonder, though, if D* is trying to convince Nexstar/Mission that they really don't need to cave to their pricing demands. If so, good for them, as long as they don't end up losing their rights to the statutory DNS license.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts